NFL Hall of Fame Quarterback Fran Tarkenton Launches Talk Show on SiriusXM

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008
Fran-Tarkenton.jpg

Sirius XM Radio announced today that Fran Tarkenton—legendary*NFL Hall of Fame*quarterback and business entrepreneur—will host a live, weekly, call-in talk show beginning*February 20*on SiriusXM Stars Too, channel 104.

On*The Fran Tarkenton Show, which will air live every Monday from 6:00 —*9:00 pm ET,*Tarkenton will tackle a wide-range of topics, interview notable guests from the worlds of politics, business, sports and entertainment and take calls from listeners nationwide.

“I’m a longtime advocate of entrepreneurship and creative thinking, and I’m a huge fan of talk radio, so this opportunity is a big thrill for me,” said Tarkenton. “I’m looking forward to connecting with SiriusXM listeners around the country about everything happening in the world of politics, business and sports, the fascinating convergence*in these areas and more.”

“During his football career, Fran was a compelling, national figure who played at the top level of his game,” said*Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. “The passion, creativity and leadership that made him a hall of famer and successful entrepreneur will serve him well in his new role as SiriusXM radio host.”

As a successful businessman and*frequent contributor*for major media outlets, Tarkenton is a respected*opinion-maker with savvy, provocative, and*insightful commentary on everything from business to politics to sports. He has launched 20 successful start-up companies, was a founding board member of Coca-Cola Enterprises, and has*served on the Board of Directors of*Sterling Software,*Blimpie International*and*Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc.

For many years, Tarkenton has been a spokesperson for Small Business in America. In addition to running multiple companies that provide support for small businesses, he is also chairman of Tarkenton Financial and*OneMoreCustomer.com, an information resource for entrepreneurs.

When he retired from the*NFL*in 1978, Tarkenton held the league’s all-time records for passing attempts, completions, total yards and touchdowns.* An exciting and creative playmaker, he also rushed for 3674 yards and 32 touchdowns.* In his remarkable 18-year career as signal caller for the*Minnesota Vikings*and*New York Giants, he won three NFC Championships and was a two-time All-NFL*selection and nine-time Pro Bowler.* He was inducted into the*Pro Football Hall of Fame*in 1986 and the*College Football Hall of Fame*in 1987 for his All-American career at the*University of Georgia.

---
View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I thought I remembered something like that, and he had a local radio show in Minnesota at one time as I recall.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Fran Tarkenton's show has been moved to Ch107 SXM Stars. It wasn't on Ch.104 when I came home and I really had to scramble :jj: to find it. This is better. I have more time to come home and listen to the Tuesday morning replay.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Fran Tarkenton's show has been moved to Ch107 SXM Stars. It wasn't on Ch.104 when I came home and I really had to scramble :jj: to find it. This is better. I have more time to come home and listen to the Tuesday morning replay.

What time does it replay on Tuesdays? I see nothing here but not surprising SIRIUSXM would not update.

Celebrity Hosts & Lifestyle Shows - Entertainment - Entertainment - SIRIUS XM Stars - SiriusXM Satellite Radio - SiriusXM Radio

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
It will probably be on the site tomorrow goreds. Tuesday morning 2am-4am. I don't think it was announced that the show was switching to Stars. I thought it had already been cancelled. I thought goodness first Party Mega Mix, now this.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I think Fran Tarkenton has been cancelled. It wasn't on and I cant find it listed on Indie.
Or Stars, Mad Dog, Sports Zone or Business Radio. Any where I thought it could have been switched to.