next weeks cliff-hanger

Mulefan100

Dec 9, 2008
So, since XM is getting Howard free next week, any ideas on what the big cliff-hanger will be to get the XM people to sign up and keep listening? Artie off the wagon, Artie quitting, Howard firing someone? :hhh:

perezcious

Apr 25, 2009
I hope its Lardie having a heart attack Monday, being on life support Tuesday, pulling the plug Wednesday, Funeral Thursday.That would be awesome.

sodomite

Banned
Apr 28, 2009
Next week will be radio gold and over 1,000,000 Xmer's will subscribe to best of packages. It will be as huuugggee a hit as the twitter promotion.:bigthumbup:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Next week will be radio gold and over 1,000,000 Xmer's will subscribe to best of packages. It will be as huuugggee a hit as the twitter promotion.:bigthumbup:

You know its a comedy show, right? No one is making you listen to it.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
They should have given them this week. It's been awesome. From Booey's pitch to the various guests to ending the week with FitzDog sitting in with the news - solid gold!

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD

You know, it's funny. You post emoticons like a former user here. :bs: He used to make lame calls into the show :zz:, and there's good money on him being lame enough to come back here as a sock puppet. :rofl2: Keep your eyes peeled for someone who fits that description. :nana:

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
You know, it's funny. You post emoticons like a former user here. :bs: He used to make lame calls into the show :zz:, and there's good money on him being lame enough to come back here as a sock puppet. :rofl2: Keep your eyes peeled for someone who fits that description. :nana:

It also sounds a lot like a former poster with the name of the sound a horse makes... One with a similar dissatisfaction to every thing Stern....

:deadhorse:

Last edited:

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Oh My GOD! Why does EVERY fucking thread turn into this shit?

You guys are losers. Seriously.

I bet there won't be any cliffhanger but everyone will be waiting for one, de facto, turning that into a cliff hanger.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD

I bet there won't be any cliffhanger but everyone will be waiting for one, de facto, turning that into a cliff hanger.

Hey now. I actually have an on-topic post in this thread before the typical derailing took place. :smug:

5thstreet

Dec 31, 2008
Minetto, NY
I'll take a stab at a possible cliffhanger.

Benjy shows up late thrusday morning. Howard kicks him out of the studio. Benjy retaliates with another hunger strike... :clueless:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital

Can't we all just get along?

sad_horse.jpg

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH

You can smirk all you want. It was a dumb idea. They don't even talk about it anymore. If you think I'm one of the people that bashes the show all the time your sadly mistaken. Ask anyone on here. I'm just being honest about Tim Sabien and his great Twitter idea. Am I the only one that thought that was stupid? Anyone Anyone????

perezcious

Apr 25, 2009
You can smirk all you want. It was a dumb idea. They don't even talk about it anymore. If you think I'm one of the people that bashes the show all the time your sadly mistaken. Ask anyone on here. I'm just being honest about Tim Sabien and his great Twitter idea. Am I the only one that thought that was stupid? Anyone Anyone????
It wasn't a bad idea, it was just badly put into practice, because everyone there is over 40 and so dull you don't want to know what they are doing off the air.If Benjy had been instructed fully to be 100% honest & open to us about his life and thoughts on the people on the show, and read a few great twitterers, he might have been able to capture peoples attention.Instead we got " now Robin's reading the news".Great info there Booey.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It wasn't a bad idea, it was just badly put into practice, because everyone there is over 40 and so dull you don't want to know what they are doing off the air.If Benjy had been instructed fully to be 100% honest & open to us about his life and thoughts on the people on the show, and read a few great twitterers, he might have been able to capture peoples attention.Instead we got " now Robin's reading the news".Great info there Booey.

Here's what they need to tweet:

Next week's guests

Anything going on over the weekend

Any time they go out in public (Live tweets from Citi Field anyone?)

Robin's news stories... put them on Twitter at 8 or 9 AM in advance of her newscast. A lot of people may not be able to listen to that part of the show, so this gets that segment out earlier

Contests that aren't announced on the air or howardstern.com

Allow for listener input as to the show opening bits and songs. Opening bits wouldn't be ENTIRELY based on fan ideas, but an avenue for fans to give suggestions.

It should be free advertising for the show. Instead, it's the same stuff that's on the PDT. Twitter needs to be "outside the box" thinking.