News Anchor Loses Job on First Day!

AZDude

Oct 18, 2008
Mesa, AZ
A new anchor in North Dakota loses his job on the first day for saying "fucking shit" live on the air. In his defense he didn't know they were live on air.

I found it hilarious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfvbkm-2Gn4][FULL]Bismarck KFYR News Anchor A.J. Clemente Accidentally Swears On Air - YouTube[/ame]

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Doesn't matter. Everyone in tv and radio should always assume every mic is live. Sounds like he is getting his 15 minutes of fame out of this.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Yeah, if I can avoid the f-bombs around Memegirl, dude should be able to control his mouth anytime he's in the studio.

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
What gets me is: Who goes to work on their first day, regardless of the job, and curses like that, especially in front of a woman for both the reasons of:
1) be a gentleman
2) you don't want her complaining to management about you.

Plus, it's his first day - it's not like he has weeks upon weeks of various management pressures on him and he's about at his limit. He's starting fresh.

For those things it seems like, overall, he's probably a jerk you wouldn't want to work with. Normal folks don't behave that way.

dlnester

Oct 15, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
After working in the broadcast industry for many years... broadcasters have the dirtiest mouths of anybody I know. Worse than sailors! I'm not surprised by this.... but his own fault. Clean your act up when you step on the set.