Newbie has a cuple of tech questions

Spirit84

Jan 28, 2009
Brand new memeber! Great Forum!!
Perhaps someone can help me with these 2 queries:
1: I have a Stiletto 100 which I use at home. It is connected to an outdoor Sirius antenna. Signal Strength is excellent - almost at 100% strength.
Channel 146 (Sirius "Left") - intermittently there is a one-second dead spot or clip. This dead air occurs randomly every 3-4 minutes. I have not experienced this issue on any other talk channel that I listen to, such as 132, 144, 145, etc.
I have updated the Stilleto with the most recent Studio software and Sirius Tech support is at a loss to explain.
This happens daytime or evening.
Any ideas?

2: Sirius Online Radio for $2.99/month will give me better sound quality at 128 bitrate. If I stream the 128 signal WIFI in my home to the Stiletto will I be hearing the signal at 128 or is it truncated back to the lesser quality bitrate?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Welcome to DRC.

1. Since Nov 12th Sirius has experienced intermittent 'dropouts' on some channels. It has gotten better in the last couple of weeks but I still hear them on my SL2 on The Bridge on occassion. Some channels are worse than others.

2. If you make sure your SL100 ESN is associated with your internet login (if you only have 1 radio this should be the case) it will be streamed on your SL100 at 128k.

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
The drop outs are VERY numerous on 40's on 4 (even says "Acquiring Signal" at times, even when I have 100% signal strength), but as IRBS has stated, they are getting better...less numerous...

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
I haven't noticed it on any channels I listen to, but for a while it was happening on Classic rewind a lot, couple of times per song. Seems to have been fixed.