New XM/Sirius Truck Antenna (NSFW)

mynameisharper

Oct 13, 2008
Chicago
Hey everyone,

Thought you'd like to see our latest truck antenna at TSS-Radio.

Sorry for the pixelized image but there may be youth lurking about.:jj: You can see the real image and info with the link below the pic.

nsfwtruck.jpg

New Interoperable Truck Antenna Non-Pixelized Image and Info

In brief:

• It works with XM and SIRIUS receivers.
  • It has a straight antenna connection but includes a right angle adapter as well.
  • It does not vibrate.

We can't wait to hear how people describe this thing when ordering over the phone.:rolleyes:

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
I may have to buy one of these for my grandparents. They travel all over the country pulling a 5th wheel camper; this would be perfect for them.

thegame310

Oct 13, 2008
Now is the whole like "shaft" the antenna or just the top? Because this looks like it would be great for home installs to

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
Now for the question. Do you still get good reception with a blowup doll riding it? I can see a trucker tying one to the antenna.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
do people actually get that many drop outs with the regular antenna? I have traveled basically the entire area east of KY, and have yet to have a problem...

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
It depends on the vehicle (and area) really. If you have a trailer that is blocking out the signal then, yes, you will get a lot of dropouts.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
do people actually get that many drop outs with the regular antenna? I have traveled basically the entire area east of KY, and have yet to have a problem...

Like Davis said, it's the Semi Trucks that block out the signal. Plus every trucker we talk to explain how they go through a magnetic antenna per month. Then magnetic antennas won't last long with the conditions they go through. The Truck Antennas never seem to break or die. The only thing that happens is when people crimp the antenna cable or smash it in a door or window.

Bookworm

Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
After breaking the wire to two magnetic antennas by installing and uninstalling them on my tractor on a daily basis I zip-tied a home antenna to my mirror mount and the larger gauge wire has proven to be much more durable. I'd love to install one of these new antennas but can't be sure I get my tractor to use everyday so I can't mount anything permanent.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Like Davis said, it's the Semi Trucks that block out the signal. Plus every trucker we talk to explain how they go through a magnetic antenna per month. Then magnetic antennas won't last long with the conditions they go through. The Truck Antennas never seem to break or die. The only thing that happens is when people crimp the antenna cable or smash it in a door or window.

interesting, never knew that