New xm radio new xm radio

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
How about something new for the Sirius subscribers!!!

And what would that do? Those new Sirius radios would still have improper channel logos and other bugs.

XM radios can change logos/names "on the fly" and also have better reception, so i've been told. It makes sense that a combined company would use XM radios.

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
And what would that do? Those new Sirius radios would still have improper channel logos and other bugs.

XM radios can change logos/names "on the fly" and also have better reception, so i've been told. It makes sense that a combined company would use XM radios.

If they are selling sirius subscriptions they should come out with new radios.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

They don't really need to. As long as they're pushing the XM radios, they can also push the Best of Sirius package. Anyone who does their research will realize that you can't get MLB on Sirius, but you CAN get about 99% of everything with Best of Sirius. (There may still be a few Canadian channels that are Sirius-exclusive.)

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Although I'd love to see new sirius radios, I am thrilled that XM just announced their new portable, Xmp3-i.

You guys had me worried that portables were a thing of the past.

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I think it is sad myself. After being a Sirius subscriber for almost 5 years, I jumped ship to the
XM-side because of the Skydock. I would of loved to have stayed on the Sirius-side, but it
looks painfully obvious to me that they are just on a maintenance-mode when it comes to
Sirius hardware.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I always thought XM had the better radios to begin with, that's why I chose them when I was a subscriber. Although nowadays, hardware is irrelevant in the process of receiving a service.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I always thought XM had the better radios to begin with, that's why I chose them when I was a subscriber. Although nowadays, hardware is irrelevant in the process of receiving a service.

Why do you say stuff like this? That is just not true, even to get the services you do get right now you still need hardware, maybe not Sirius's hardware, but hardware none the less. Everyone needs hardware to get the service even if they have a computer.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
They gave away an S2 on The Price Is Right today. (I think it was an S2)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

They will continue to sell subscriptions as long as people are willing to pay for them and the Sirius sats are active. Doesn't mean they have to provide new hardware or new models of hardware.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
How about something new for the Sirius subscribers!!!

I don't see this happening above what they are doing now. As you likely know I am of the opinion that this will be Sirius's slow push to get folks to move over to the XM side. It has worked as I know a lot of folks have done so already and in fact I've even seen a few posters here on the forum that have done so. This will be a slow drawn out process and they will of course continue to sell subs until such time as they no longer have too when they have satisfied their FCC merger agreement. Then we'll see a total consolidation of the spectrum under one system and YES I think that system will be XM. That is a pure guess and total speculation on my part, but everything I see leads me to believe that. What will convince me once and for all is when we start seeing Ford and Chrysler install XM OEM's. I've not seen that yet, but it generally takes about 2 to 3 years to make a change like that.

By the way I have heard that production has stopped on the Stiletto 2 now. No confirmation from Sirius, but it is likely true. Also from what I understand that each one of those radios they sell they have to pay a royalty to Zing because the OS on the Stiletto was created by them. Of course Zing is now part of Dell.