New SXABB2 Portable Sound System is out!

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
Is there a port to connect an additional antenna? Where I want to place this I'm not sure how good the Sat signal would be.

Did the previous one have an antenna that was detachable? Could have sworn I saw one on YouTube that had a detachable antenna

The antenna plugs into the back of the radio and has abaout 20 feet of cable to expand to. You could always unplug the antenna and use additional extension cables to extend the distance or a antenna repeater to wirelessly connect the boom box to an antenna.

This works the same as most other boom boxes in that you can connect via wifi or antenna.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
See now that's conflicting, TSS Taylor says it's not and our seem to be saying that it is.

I need one with a extendable antenna

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
Probably only 2-3 feet. I don't want to dismantle it to accomplish that.

I just need to have it reach from my entertainment center to the window with faces south.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
Like Me Rubin says the antenna can extend 20 feet. I thought you were asking if the silver part was removable.

Nope I meant the Antenna being detachable. I was referencing the silver part as it has the new SiriusXM logo. The bb1 has the older company logo. My apologies if it wasn't clear.

I'll be purchasing from TSS soon . No local retailer seems to have the BB2, and you guys sell it for $10 cheaper than local retailers here in Arizona charge for the bb1.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Nope I meant the Antenna being detachable. I was referencing the silver part as it has the new SiriusXM logo. The bb1 has the older company logo. My apologies if it wasn't clear.

I'll be purchasing from TSS soon . No local retailer seems to have the BB2, and you guys sell it for $10 cheaper than local retailers here in Arizona charge for the bb1.

That would be much appreciated. If you call your order in ask Matt, Pete or Dick for some free swag care of DRC :D

rolandk10

Aug 29, 2012
Naples, FL
Does the remote that comes with the sxabb2 offer more functions when docked with the lynx like the ability to navigate any menus? The pictures I've seen of the dock have a remote that looks like it has more buttons than a stock Lynx but I'm wondering if they actually work. The Lynx remote leaves one wanting...

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I seen one of these at Best Buy last weekend. That this bumps... I was very impressed with the SQ. Boy they have come a long way with Boomboxes since the early days.