New SUBX2 has arrived!

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
So we just got in the new SUBX2! This thing rocks. SIRIUS did it right with this!
CIMG0827.jpg

Right out of the box the first thing I noticed was my second favorite improvement from the SUBX1. A foldable handle!
CIMG0829.jpg

It does hide away nicely. And they still kept with the antenna section in the back so you can hold your antenna there. Always a plus!
CIMG0830.jpg

The next thing I noticed was the volume knob. Knobs are way better and more convenient than buttons! This is my first favorite improvement.
CIMG0831.jpg

The next thing I noticed was the docking portion. There are two verticle slots that hold the radio in place. This prevents you from using some of the older radios like the Sportster 4 and 3. This is compatible with the Sportster 5, Startmate 3,4,5 and Stratus (SV3 original stratus) 4 and 5.
CIMG0833.jpg

This is the receiving end of the radio.
CIMG0835.jpg

All in all this thing is awesome! The subwoofer on the bottom makes this thing bump just as good as the SUBX1 and the look makes it more pleasant to have in the home while having the portability to take it wherever you want to go!
CIMG0838.jpg

We have them up on our site right now! Here is the link: SIRIUS Universal Plug and Play Boombox SUBX2

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
DAB will have one in 3......2......1....... :bow:

Nope, I don't have a Radio that will fit in it. The only Sirius equipment I have now is my SL2 and SLBB2. I do have an Orbiter Boombox and Brix Streamer that I use out at the camp. But I don't even have it activated right now.

Thanks for the review though, I think for those with these Radios it is great to see a nice boombox available.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Are you talking to me?

You know I'll mod anything....:)

Please don't! I could see some serious (SIRIUS) injuries off of this one. Not to mention I would not accept it as a return. Also if you did, your Stiletto and boombox would be in great danger of breaking due to the lack of support in the housing. I would really suggest the SLBB2 on this one.

Last edited:

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Are the SUBX1s not manufactured any more?

I set my neighbor up with a new Sportster3, but rarely ever can find a boombox for him. Occasionally I'll find some refurbs.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com

I set my neighbor up with a new Sportster3, but rarely ever can find a boombox for him. Occasionally I'll find some refurbs.

We have some left through maybe the Holidays. But no, they stopped making it. The SUBX1 we sell also comes with a Boombox Cigarette Lighter Adapter so you can power it from your car.

But the Best Buys and Circuit City stores won't have the SUBX1 much longer. It's all getting pushed to the SUBX2.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago

We still have plenty of the SUBX1's in stock and also some refurbished ones as well. But to answer your question, yes. The SUBX1 will be discontinued soon.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Has anyone else purchased one of these? Just curious to see what some other think of it. It really looks nice! ANYONE?