New Sirius Deal Email

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by shabadoo25, Oct 28, 2009.

1. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 New Member

After being XM-only for awhile, I reactivated my Sirius account today due to an offer they emailed me:

Free activation and 50% off of any semi or annual plan.

I had bought a SL2 off of eBay cheap advertised AS IS. Turns out it worked, and I was waiting for an offer like this to "re up."

Call me portable boy: one active XMP3 and one SL2.
  2. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

WOW, that's a pretty sweet deal. That's for previously de-activated Sirius radios correct?
  3. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 New Member

Yes, though I activated a "new" radio with the deal. It hadn't been on my account before, but they said the deal could be used for any non-new radio.
  4. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

This is weird. If I change my plan online, I can get BoXM:

Quarterly Plan $50.97
    3 Months of audio service. For multiple subscriptions, other discounts may apply. Service will automatically renew at the then current renewal rate unless you cancel.

14.99 times 3 is 44.97
    14.99 times 4 is 59.96

Is this a special deal, a goof, or something else? What is going on here? Music royalty fee? :confused:

Edit -- I just found out that my subscription expired. Not only does my online player no longer work, but now i'm sucked into the world of Music royalty fees. :mad: (Really, I listen to 2-3 hours per week of Sirius music, not counting the time every day when I sleep with Spa on.)
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  5. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 New Member

Yep. My 70-something dollar half price deal became $83 and change when the music royalty fee was tacked on.
  6. kryptonite

So basically it's:

$12.95 (or your regular base price)
    Music Royalty Fee
  7. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 New Member

I was quoted $77 and change for the service at half price for a year. Pro-rating for the expired part of October got it down to $72 and change. Then another $11 and change for the MRF.

I think that's half on the MRF, too.
  8. kryptonite

27.84 for two radios and SIR, which i'm starting to think I need. (This doesn't take into effect any "long-term save money" deals.)

I wonder how the company's financial picture would change if there was a $8 (or whatever) "Howard Stern Only" option. All you'd get is 100 & 101 on your radio.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  9. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 New Member

I dunno. Anyone who HAS to have Howard will pay whatever.

After 1 day, I can't get over how much better XM sounds than Sirius. Perhaps it's the equipment, but I doubt it.
  10. kryptonite

The extra bit (coming out to "Sirius Everything" or "Best of Sirius") is just the icing on top.
  11. shabadoo25

shabadoo25 New Member

It made it easier that I didn't need "Best of XM."
  12. kryptonite

Activate a Sirius/XM Radio w/ Everything or Everything Plus Plan get a free $100 Visa GC (12/31/2009)
    Be a new subscriber and activate any Sirius or XM radio between now and December 31, 2009 with an Everything or Everything plus the best of plan and get a $100 Rock-n-Reward Visa Gift Card. Must order service by phone and tell them you want to take advantage of the Rock-n-Reward gift card offer.

XM - 1-800-XMRadio (1-800-967-2346)
    Sirius - 1-888-539-7474

Official Rules

Sirius Rewards

I wonder if I could cancel out of my radio and then call back up a few days later and get this offer...
  13. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I am pretty sure they would not allow it.
  14. kryptonite

Even if I canceled my whole deal, they'd probably still have the SID somewhere. :(

And WTF do I get for registering with Sirius back in 2005? $30 rebate. Whoop. (Yeah, I know, the grass seems greener on the other side of the hill.)