New radio's being announced

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Not sure if this was posted anywhere else, but I saw this on Sirius XM Radio News and Forums - Satwaves..

"Satwaves has learned that Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) will be hosting a Holiday Gift Event to introduce its new lineup of Sirius XM Radios and accessories on Wednesday, August 26th, 2009. Satwaves will have a representative on hand at the media event which is by invitation only."

"Keeping to his word, Sirius XM Radio CEO Mel Karmazin spoke of new products and accessories that would be announced by the end of August during the second quarter earnings release news conference. The event is reminiscent of a time when Sirius XM Radio was able to generate excitement in the retail channel, and Satwaves is proud to be able to bring you this news as it happens. Satwaves will plan on live event coverage as permitted. More details as they develop…"

Satwaves Sirius XM Announces Holiday Gift Guide Media Event

invite.png

Interesting...Good to hear new stuff coming up. What say you?

Reactions: Vargas

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
You can all thank me for this.

Much like it always rains after you wash your car, I just two weeks ago bought a new touchscreen mp3 player because I was just bored with the SL2 and needed a new gadget.

However, I will keep my fingers crossed for a new sirius portable that I will now start saving for.

Does TSS know anything about this????

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Thanks grupsaar, and THANK YOU Vargas! I'm still digging my sl2, but new toys are always fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Thanks grupsaar, and THANK YOU Vargas! I'm still digging my sl2, but new toys are always fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hadn't bought anything really gadgety or techy since before Christmas when I bought a blu-ray and I was jonesing for something.

LIke you, I still love the SL2 for what it is (a great portable sat. radio) I was really wanting more of a PMP for video and photo veiwing and So I bought a 16GB Samsung P3 and I love it.

So now I have to carry two things with me when I leave the house, the SL2 and the new P3.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I don't think there is a new portable coming. Lots of people ask about that. Beyond that it should be exciting to see the goodies that have on the way.

I hope not. If they make a new one, the SL2 will become like the SL100 without logos or support.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I still fear my Inno will die this year, and I'd like a brand new portable to replace it.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I certainly hope there is a new portable because I don't really understand the need for a Sportster 7 or a Starmate 6. What could they possible change?

Without something new and somewhat different or revolutionary, I don't see the need for a top secret, invitation only press conference.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Good news, was wondering myself recently if we'd see anything soon. My whole team is on Inno's, but if they could make a new portable that could pull in both sat sides, i'd dump my Starmate replay, and Inno, and just have one.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Wonder if, with the technology being what it is, they'll come up with a touchscreen radio much like the iPod touch.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
It figures, as soon as I break down and get the XMp3 here comes some new radios.:bigcry:

The XMp3 is awesome.

I don't think there is a new portable coming. Lots of people ask about that. Beyond that it should be exciting to see the goodies that have on the way.

Typical Sirius to not do what the customers are asking. I mean, c'mon, why would they do that?! What a joke.

Last edited:

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
The XMp3 is awesome.

Typical Sirius to not do what the customers are asking. I mean, c'mon, why would they do that?! What a joke.

I don't think there is much demand for a new portable vs. some other things. The people on here very much are into portables, but nationally they are more rare than you may think.

I do have a sense of whats coming and it might not be what people think.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I don't think there is much demand for a new portable vs. some other things. The people on here very much are into portables, but nationally they are more rare than you may think.

I do have a sense of whats coming and it might not be what people think.

Can you share any insight?