New radio purchase with Lifetime sub. What say you?

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I've been a subscriber for many years now and am sold on sat radio.

The radios I have now are an S50 and a sportster replay. Both getting real long in the tooth BUT work real well none the less and have KILLER FM reception.

I'm pretty sure I want to just get a lifetime sub but don't know if I should just have it added to my s50 or buy a new radio and add it to that.

I don't use the portable features ever. Mostly home and car usage.

sportboy

Dec 18, 2008
Considering the limitations on how many times you can do lifetime transfers and the cost, I would get a new radio at the same time of a life time sub.

Getting a life time sub at this time could be a risky investment.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
"Getting a life time sub at this time could be a risky investment. "

I'm not worried about that. Sirius isn't going anywhere BUT it just SUCKS that they have really nothing new to offer other than that combo unit that gets both services which I don't really care about.

Frig XMs nonsense.

They should just re-release the s50. By far the best sat radio ever.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You can get a lifetime on your existing radio, but factor in probably a $75 transfer fee and + transfer relatively quickly into your breakeven time.

I am debating on making my wife's XM a lifetime too. She has an Airware with a good FM transmitter cut it is 3 years old.

sportboy

Dec 18, 2008
Thats what happens when the company has no money.

"Getting a life time sub at this time could be a risky investment. "

I'm not worried about that. Sirius isn't going anywhere BUT it just SUCKS that they have really nothing new to offer other than that combo unit that gets both services which I don't really care about.

Frig XMs nonsense.

They should just re-release the s50. By far the best sat radio ever.