KEY:
* - merged/adjusted
^ - Clear Channel Music Channels, w/ commercials
~ - moved channel
+ - NEW channel

Last edited:

dougm0

Oct 16, 2008
Is this for BOTH services or just XM??? The title seems to be for both but I do not believe that Sirius will get the commerical Clear Channel channels.

Also its already been announced that the pulse is moving to 12 on Sirius.

SISO

Oct 11, 2008
No, it's not made up, it's from USA Today. Why it was in USA Today I don't know.

WACF

Oct 28, 2008
Canadian Prairies
It would be nice to hear something more.

No word on Buzzsaw.

Octane is taking on Squizz's DJ Bohdi...is someone on Octane leaving?
I was surprised by this...Squizz is by far superior.

Hard Attack put out a message that nothing will really change...yet XMLM is on the list?

It is nice to see news leak...I guess we will see for sure next week what is up.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
It would be nice to hear something more.

No word on Buzzsaw.

Octane is taking on Squizz's DJ Bohdi...is someone on Octane leaving?
I was surprised by this...Squizz is by far superior.

Hard Attack put out a message that nothing will really change...yet XMLM is on the list?

It is nice to see news leak...I guess we will see for sure next week what is up.

So true , but still I wonder what the hell is going on with the Sirius lineup and what channels will shift on that front. I probably will call CSr's tonight but knowing them they are clueless.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
That is XM's list, notice that new channels will be new to XM not Sirius.

Where is Sirius lineup? Did it change? Did we get anything or is it just like "Best of XM" an empty bag of air?

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
No wait just a minute

My understanding is that not all radios can get the XM channels. So for example, what about channel 4? If my radio doesnt get XM channels, what happens to me?

Also, it was already mentioned that The Pulse is moving to 12.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
My understanding is that not all radios can get the XM channels. So for example, what about channel 4? If my radio doesnt get XM channels, what happens to me?

Also, it was already mentioned that The Pulse is moving to 12.

That is another good question if the older ones dont get XM channels such as 4 will they become obselte. This is just one big mess here.

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
That is another good question if the older ones dont get XM channels such as 4 will they become obselte. This is just one big mess here.

As part of the merger, Sirius had to promise the FCC that no radio would ever become obsolete.

Sirius and XM radios don't have to pick the broadcasts from the other satellites. Sirius radios will still pick up the channels from the Sirius satellites and the XM radios will still pick up the signals from the XM satellites..

What they will do is take the same music from one studio and send it to XM's channel 4 and to Sirius' channel 4. That way despite being on completely different satellites, channel 4 will sound the same on both Sirius and XM radios. It's called simulcasting.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
The new XM lineup looks interesting, I wonder what going to happen on the Sirius lineup?

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
a) It is not "made up". I'm the one who wrote it up, and it comes from information "leaked" from someone at XM to me. It matches what is in a USA Today ad today (the ad didn't have channel numbers, though...and wasn't as thorough). It was posted by me earlier today, right here on this forum: here

b) This is just for XM. No info has been released/leaked for SIRIUS.

c) Until something "official" comes out, take it with a grain of salt. It came from a training manual for CSR's, after all, and may have been altered after they saw it.

AZJoe: if you can still edit your post, add 51 - The Coffeehouse.

Last edited:

macfanatic010

Nov 8, 2008
if top 20 on 20 is going to be simulcasted on xm & sirius, i wonder what's going to happen to hits 1.

personally, i like 20 on 20's music selection better because it was more in line with the billboard charts whereas sirius was off on their own tangent. on the other hand, i liked hits 1's djs more because they were more lively compared to xm's...

Nov 6, 2008
It says in the USA today ad for Friday New Programing, New Choices, New Prices. Are they gonna change the price structure at all? Is there gonna be different plans with the same prices rather than have different plans and services like they have been doing? Will they have some other cheap $9.99 plan that offers both music and sports like the Ala carte plan for $6.99.

atlwxman

Oct 14, 2008
Does anyone know if this means that Martin Goldsmith will no longer be heard on XM's classical music channel?

This pretty much ends any reason for me to keep both my Sirius and XM subscriptions. I'll most likely drop XM at the end of my current sub.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
if top 20 on 20 is going to be simulcasted on xm & sirius, i wonder what's going to happen to hits 1.

personally, i like 20 on 20's music selection better because it was more in line with the billboard charts whereas sirius was off on their own tangent. on the other hand, i liked hits 1's djs more because they were more lively compared to xm's...

Hits 1 will likely be the same as pop 2k (old Hitlist). 20 on 20 is not the same as Hitlist or Hits 1.

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
b) This is just for XM. No info has been released/leaked for SIRIUS.

Darn... I thought we might be getting a 40's channel on Sirius.

The whole thing certainly is confusing. Here we are, less than a week before 'the big change', and Sirius-XM hasn't released anything official.

Revamping the channel lineup with no advance warning doesn't seem to make much sense. I can see them getting swamped with calls and e-mails from angry subscribers who turn on their radios one morning and discover that their favorite channel(s) are gone.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Darn... I thought we might be getting a 40's channel on Sirius.

The whole thing certainly is confusing. Here we are, less than a week before 'the big change', and Sirius-XM hasn't released anything official.

Revamping the channel lineup with no advance warning doesn't seem to make much sense. I can see them getting swamped with calls and e-mails from angry subscribers who turn on their radios one morning and discover that their favorite channel(s) are gone.

I am also disappointed they didn't just do it as one bang and rework their channel lineup to be common. This dual channel bumpers will get annoying pretty quick.