New iPod Touch is out (64 gigs)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Didnt the ipod classic get a bump up in size?

Yes from 120 to 160GB! Most tend to think the classic will eventually be discontinued.

I was at the Apple Store tonight and they hardly had any of the classic versions around for checking out.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Yes from 120 to 160GB! Most tend to think the classic will eventually be discontinued.

I was at the Apple Store tonight and they hardly had any of the classic versions around for checking out.

Nooooo!!! I love my classic! It does seem that they would rather have everyone on the iphone/itouch platform though. If the iPhone would support push email as well as the blackberry I'd probably switch.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Nooooo!!! I love my classic! It does seem that they would rather have everyone on the iphone/itouch platform though. If the iPhone would support push email as well as the blackberry I'd probably switch.

I have push email through an exchange server and it works GREAT! I have also tested Apple's ME (Cloud) which wasn't for ME. However my Go Daddy's Hosted Exchange Server account works flawlessly on both my iPhone and iPod Touch to push not only email instantly, but calendar info and contacts.

There also an Exchange Sync setup that Google offers that does push calendar and contacts and the rumor is that any day now they will offer the email portion as well.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
DAB you cant seem to understand apple is a love/hate thing for me, they do so much right and so much wrong at the same time. In a perfect world Woz would have stayed, and apple would be number one. and id be the biggest fanboy ever.

as for my friends choice thats their problem, I learned to avoid the iphod from their experiences.And got a PDA that came with two batteries and cut and paste out of the box.(plus free upgrades and a matte screen !)

If the g1 wasn't limited by artists, i would donate the itouch, but its how I listen to slacker in the kitchen...if that damn wifi would work right, i could use it around the whole house. (still need to try your suggestion of wiping it)

The shuffle v2 my daughter got, is a perfect example of apple gone wacky,you cant charge it and listen to music at the same time...WTF? who thought that was a good feature?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
DAB you cant seem to understand apple is a love/hate thing for me, they do so much right and so much wrong at the same time. In a perfect world Woz would have stayed, and apple would be number one. and id be the biggest fanboy ever.

as for my friends choice thats their problem, I learned to avoid the iphod from their experiences.And got a PDA that came with two batteries and cut and paste out of the box.(plus free upgrades and a matte screen !)

If the g1 wasn't limited by artists, i would donate the itouch, but its how I listen to slacker in the kitchen...if that damn wifi would work right, i could use it around the whole house. (still need to try your suggestion of wiping it)

The shuffle v2 my daughter got, is a perfect example of apple gone wacky,you cant charge it and listen to music at the same time...WTF? who thought that was a good feature?

Xan, I am sorry man I just don't buy the bull shit you are selling okay! It is simple as that! ( I don't mean to come off as rude to you in this) I have used Mac's and iPod's and most of your stuff is nothing but principle based nonsense based on the fact that you think it should do this or you think it should do that. Name me one company that does every single thing right? Yet you seem to think Apple should and since they don't you target them.

All I ever see you post is negative shit, so I don't see any love at all. But hey how about this. Let those us that want to and enjoy Apple products do so and discuss them, without you coming into the thread and posting all your negative stuff that none of us care about?

I think it is fantastic that you found a device that works for you, that is what we've all done we made a choice. Myself I am a huge advocate of choice and even though for the most part Apple owns the MP3 player market, I am glad there are other brands out there that work for other folks. Matte screens, 2 batteries, sd slots those things just aren't that important to most folks as indicated by Apple's sales vs those devices that do support them. If those things are important to you clearly the Mac isn't the proper choice. This does not mean that Apple is this horrible, horrible company that you like to paint them to be. I don't care for their protectionist ways, but that is well within their right do be if they want too.

You've not convinced me one bit with all this, no more than I am going to convince you that all this principle stuff you keep yapping about means shit to anyone but you!

It seems you expect total perfection from Apple, yet give so many other devices a total pass because I never see you going after any of these other companies, just Apple. Do you honestly think The shuffle v2 was the first and/or only one of these devices that don't let you listen while it is charging? I had a San Disk player that was the same way. Again we can nitpick, nitpick, nitpick, but it makes no sense to do so in every freaking iPod or Mac thread like you do. I think we've got your point of view now. The rest of us just want to have a discussion related to the topic without it getting pulled of course with all this anti Apple bull shit.

Hey you found a device that works great for you! I am happy for you! Now can you just be happy that the iPod/iPhone or Mac computer provides the same for us and leave the rest alone? Reality is I don't care what you think about these devices, I didn't buy it for you to use, I bought it for me and I am happy with my choice just like you claim you are. So why jump into every thread and tell us everything you deem as bad or negative about our choice?

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
^^ Well said!! :bigclap::bigthumbup:

Translation:

survey_stfu.jpg

:jj: :D

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Only a apple fanboy would take my criticism aimed a company as some kind of personal attack and write 5 paragraphs defending apple, when all I them to do is add a few simple key features making them a better, more competitive company that offers consumers more choices. :idunno:(and re-release the fingertouch zero force keyboards they locked up with the ark of the covenant...)

PT Barnum called it, Jobs just figured out how to attract more of 'em by rounding the corners, making it shinny and charging extra.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdIanqM_RZ8"]YouTube - The New mac Mini! The Mactini[/ame]

Apple%3Bthink-different.jpg

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Only a apple fanboy would take my criticism aimed a company as some kind of personal attack and write 5 paragraphs defending apple, when all I them to do is add a few simple key features making them a better, more competitive company that offers consumers more choices. :idunno:(and re-release the fingertouch zero force keyboards they locked up with the ark of the covenant...)

PT Barnum called it, Jobs just figured out how to attract more of 'em by rounding the corners, making it shinny and charging extra.

Yeah, Yeah, so you say! ... and what would you call someone that finds it necessary to jump into every freaking Apple thread an launch into the same old stale tirade over and over.

I clearly said I am all about choices. So why don't you let us make ours without your BS all the time. You've got a real problem man! :scratch:

I maybe an Apple fanboy, though I personally don't consider myself to be a die hard Apple guy. But call me what you will if it makes you feel better about yourself. I am cool with that. Now can you butt the hell out of all these Apple threads and let us have some good discussions? We got your position on Apple very loud and clear! HELLO! Move on! Nothing else here to see Xan! :D

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I have push email through an exchange server and it works GREAT! I have also tested Apple's ME (Cloud) which wasn't for ME. However my Go Daddy's Hosted Exchange Server account works flawlessly on both my iPhone and iPod Touch to push not only email instantly, but calendar info and contacts.

There also an Exchange Sync setup that Google offers that does push calendar and contacts and the rumor is that any day now they will offer the email portion as well.

Yeah, but I use a mix of email hosted for the domain I own, another standard POP3/IMAP server, and gmail. I love how the Blackberry lets me handle all of those accounts seamlessly on the phone (although the mail client really leaves a lot to be desired). If the Iphone would offer a service similar to BIS I would be onboard. Maybe something like that will be available when my ATT contract is up in a year or two.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Um cause I was given an itouch and would have loved to buy a phone or touch with the features I think would make it great, and I also wanted to get a matte 13"?

Whats your favorite features about an apple product? Now take them away, still love the product?

...damn, and I wanted so bad to be in the club I already did this...:rolleyes:

450px-Winners_use_macs.jpg

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah, but I use a mix of email hosted for the domain I own, another standard POP3/IMAP server, and gmail. I love how the Blackberry lets me handle all of those accounts seamlessly on the phone (although the mail client really leaves a lot to be desired). If the Iphone would offer a service similar to BIS I would be onboard. Maybe something like that will be available when my ATT contract is up in a year or two.

Long before that were an iPhone there was Blackberry, so they have the email connectivity stuff down pat. I use to have several email accounts, but over the years I got tired of messing with that. So, I have my personal domain and work domain email and that is all. One is setup using Google's Gmail sync service, which now does PUSH Gmail too, along with the calendars and contacts. The other is just an imap account for my personal email. So the iPhone has enough support for what I do. But I think for many that use it for business it does have some weaknesses. One thing that has always bugged me is no ability to use secondary email addresses or idents from within an email account. I did use my iPod Touch for a couple of years until I was finally satisfied with AT&T coverage in order to get an iPhone.

They are always expanding on this stuff so hopefully something like BIS will be available.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Whats your favorite features about an apple product? Now take them away, still love the product?

I could get a good look at a t-bone steak by sticking my head up a bulls ass, but(t) wouldn't I rather that the butchers word? :scratch:

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I could get a good look at a t-bone steak by sticking my head up a bulls ass, but(t) wouldn't I rather that the butchers word? :scratch:

:)

LOL! :D

Seems to me that when someone buys an Apple product and they do their home work as they should. Those so called missing features apparently don't play into the equation because most still buy them. Once again principle before reality!