New (G2) Firmware 1.9.52 (3/12/09)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Slacker out did themselves this time! NICE!

Here's what is new...

1. Now Playing pop up overlay dialog now contains track, artist, and next artist (the latter is new)

2. FF and Rewind can now move up to 60x (prev was 32x, this to ease use with podcasts)

3. FF and Rewind also accelerate twice as fast (once again to help with podcast seeking)

4. Infobar battery icon will have an 'F' on fully charged (to enable the next change)

5. Battery Charged Dialog now times out (to make user experience in car more pleasant)

6. Better volume control at low end of the range (make the last 3 settings less 'steep')

7. Limit the wait for shutdown to sleep to 10 seconds

8. Preserve all internal logging across factory reset (to help debug causes of need for factory resets)

9. A fix for the 'stuck while signing in' issue. All of your log files were helpful in finding the root cause of this rare (but frustrating) defect and this release contains a much needed fix.

10. 'Phantom' stations, stations saved to your portable list on the web player but not saved to your account, will no longer appear on your portable. This is coincident with a recent fix to the web player that, in most cases, does not allow such 'phantom stations' to be saved to your portable. In short you should see a dramatic decrease to the issue of not being able to play custom stations on your portable device.

As always, we welcome your feedback and suggestions for future improvements. Not all submissions will lead to changes in future releases but they are almost all considered.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim Amidei - Principal Firmware Engineer - Slacker Inc.

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Awesome, can't wait to update tonight! I see though they still didn't remove the "Battery Charged" annoyance that you need to press a key to get off your screen.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Awesome, can't wait to update tonight! I see though they still didn't remove the "Battery Charged" annoyance that you need to press a key to get off your screen.

You need to read that list again, because they did fix it were it times out instead of requiring a button push to get rid of it! :):churn:

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
You need to read that list again, because they did fix it were it times out instead of requiring a button push to get rid of it! :):churn:

JMII

Nov 21, 2008
Margate, FL USA
Now they just need to make it easier to change stations... maybe holding down the FF / REV could skip to the next / previous station? When I'm in the car and decided I want to hear something completely different its impossible to see the tiny channel list text and go thru the whole scrolling process. A minor thing, but I'd sure like a better way of switching stations.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Now they just need to make it easier to change stations... maybe holding down the FF / REV could skip to the next / previous station? When I'm in the car and decided I want to hear something completely different its impossible to see the tiny channel list text and go thru the whole scrolling process. A minor thing, but I'd sure like a better way of switching stations.

Yeah, I have complained about the tiny size of the station list. Man you almost need a magnifying glass. I understand they do this to to make sure the whole text could be displayed. But I'd rather them limit the size of the names and then make the text larger. If they just made the station text the same size as the menu text I'd be happy.