(NEW) Full Lyrics for Plus and Premium Plans

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I noticed on the Slacker Web site today that the Plus and Premium plans include Full Lyrics. This is something new and not yet enabled on the G2. If I was a betting man I'd bet there is another firmware update coming soon.

I don't recall seeing this feature requested, but then I haven't read through them all. However, I do think this is a great idea as I often like to check out and/or read through lyrics on songs.

Complete Lyrics - NEW!

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I noticed on the Slacker Web site today that the Plus and Premium plans include Full Lyrics. This is something new and not yet enabled on the G2. If I was a betting man I'd bet there is another firmware update coming soon.

I don't recall seeing this feature requested, but then I haven't read through them all. However, I do think this is a great idea as I often like to check out and/or read through lyrics on songs.

Complete Lyrics - NEW!

Yes I noticed that, if they add it to the players that would be cool.

drowe

Oct 14, 2008
If they move it to the G2, that will be the feature I'll upgrade to plus for.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
According to RomeE at the Slacker Forums, they're working on it for the iPhone app, it's just a matter of when Apple approves it.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
meh, cool for the novelty factor but id like to see a some usb auto play/pause features added first to G1&2.

It'll be nice for the times I can't figure out what the hell they're singing. :eek:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
meh, cool for the novelty factor but id like to see a some usb auto play/pause features added first to G1&2.

Auto Pause is already available on the G2, they have decided adding auto-play was not feasible because of the fact that they pay royalties per song and felt it would be too likely to have a bunch of players playing music that no one would be listening too.

But the auto pause has been available on the G2 since 2 firmware ago. The G1 will not be given any new features as the slacker support team has pretty much made clear.

This new lyrics feature is lack luster at best. I have found that most of the music doesn't even have lyrics as it is dependent on a 3rd party provider for the info.