New Friday schedule

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Looks liks starting tomorrow they will be rerunning a different chapter of the History Of Howard Stern Part I each Friday in the morning followed by best of the week. I'm guessing this will go on until Part II starts during their Christmas break.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Looks liks starting tomorrow they will be rerunning a different chapter of the History Of Howard Stern Part I each Friday in the morning followed by best of the week. I'm guessing this will go on until Part II starts during their Christmas break.

I can get down with that! Beats the hell out of "Best of the Week". Thanks.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
FYI, I think they ARE still doing "Best of the Week" AFTER the weekly History of Howard deal.

Friday, 1/2/09 is probably going to be the end of a week of specials, unless they're stupid enough to a "best of the week" which would be "best of the year" or another "best of best of" however you want to slice it.

The bigger question is what will they do next year? If Bubba does leave, that opens up a hell of a hole. I don't think Howard will want to axe 101, as that brings us the West Coast Feed. Ferrall could technically move to one of the sports channels. I do suppose the "WCF" could go to Sirius XM Stars... (I didn't check those schedules, just guessing.)

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
FYI, I think they ARE still doing "Best of the Week" AFTER the weekly History of Howard deal.

Friday, 1/2/09 is probably going to be the end of a week of specials, unless they're stupid enough to a "best of the week" which would be "best of the year" or another "best of best of" however you want to slice it.

On Monday, they will be playing a Best of 2008 Show. That should take up about 20 minutes. The Best of 2008? Don't they do a "best of" EVERY FRIDAY? What happened to all the tapes he had to buy back from K-Rock/CBS? Howard's laziness must have spread to Tim Sabian.

It was created by man, and it will be replayed by man - over and over and over again. No wonder this company is in the hole for several BILLION dollars.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Howard being off this week doesn't bother me. I'm used to the vacations and so on. What bothers me is their playing another best of 2008. Didn't they just do that already? I remember people saying it was because of the new XM subscribers. So why do it again so soon??? I guess it shouldn't matter to me since I really never listen when their on vacation or on Fridays. I am excited about the History of Howard part 2 though. What do you guys think?

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
The bigger question is what will they do next year? If Bubba does leave, that opens up a hell of a hole. I don't think Howard will want to axe 101, as that brings us the West Coast Feed. Ferrall could technically move to one of the sports channels. I do suppose the "WCF" could go to Sirius XM Stars... (I didn't check those schedules, just guessing.)

Might not make a difference what they plan for next year. Stock at a nickle & dime per share with a big bunch of money due in Feb. Add in the reduced number of subs from crappy merging/removal of stations (folks canceling subs) and flat auto sales reported at the same time = not a good mix of events. Wonder how Howard will feel when clear channel (or similar) takes over the company and kicks Mel to the curb - or worse yet - the operation is shut down. I don't think the government is going to bail them out after they did such a great job of delaying the merger until they were nearly bankrupt.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio

Miserable Men! They expanded the show to 4 hours, so maybe they're grooming the show to take over if Bubba leaves. Either that or Greg Fitzsimmons.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
It was created by man, and it will be replayed by man - over and over and over again. No wonder this company is in the hole for several BILLION dollars.

c'mon dude, of course you've down on Howie but you can't really believe Stern Show replays put Sirius in their current state

how many "fans" haven't already signed up and how many unhappy "fan" subscribers have cancelled because of too many replays, no fridays, blah, blah, blah? the biggest haters will always stick around to complain until the show is completely gone

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
c'mon dude, of course you've down on Howie but you can't really believe Stern Show replays put Sirius in their current state

how many "fans" haven't already signed up and how many unhappy "fan" subscribers have cancelled because of too many replays, no fridays, blah, blah, blah? the biggest haters will always stick around to complain until the show is completely gone

Don't bother man. Fucking guy might as well be a bot.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008

I believe the constant shit replays played a part, along with the other examples you listed in killing the company. Sirius took a huge gamble in hiring Howard....kind of a do or die situation. This was what, in 2005, right? The "do" part isn't quite working out like originally planned. If Sirius was flourishing today, Howard would be crowing about how he, and he alone, is responsible for revolutionizing satellite, keeping the company afloat, etc. Now that Sirius is almost done, will he accept responsibility for it's demise? I doubt it.

Since then, despite the cheery outlook painted by Howard, Mel, Tim, and the rest of the Sirius bigwigs early on, the company will enter 2009 owing several BILLION dollars, the stock is worthless, etc. The company cannot last that much longer. Sure the economy plays a part in the downfall of Sirius, but they were spiraling downward ahead of most businesses. So, they are a leader in one field......bankruptcy. Congrats, Mel. How much are those two million shares worth today? Hahahahaha.....

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
I believe the constant shit replays played a part, along with the other examples you listed in killing the company. Sirius took a huge gamble in hiring Howard....kind of a do or die situation. This was what, in 2005, right? The "do" part isn't quite working out like originally planned. If Sirius was flourishing today, Howard would be crowing about how he, and he alone, is responsible for revolutionizing satellite, keeping the company afloat, etc. Now that Sirius is almost done, will he accept responsibility for it's demise? I doubt it.

Since then, despite the cheery outlook painted by Howard, Mel, Tim, and the rest of the Sirius bigwigs early on, the company will enter 2009 owing several BILLION dollars, the stock is worthless, etc. The company cannot last that much longer. Sure the economy plays a part in the downfall of Sirius, but they were spiraling downward ahead of most businesses. So, they are a leader in one field......bankruptcy. Congrats, Mel. How much are those two million shares worth today? Hahahahaha.....

Agreed.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
has anyone figured out how much revenue Howard (even using conservative estimate of new subscribers) is responsible for? I mean, hasn't he paid back and then some for his deal?

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
has anyone figured out how much revenue Howard (even using conservative estimate of new subscribers) is responsible for? I mean, hasn't he paid back and then some for his deal?

Don't confuse them with truth. They'll just reboot their bot and go merrily along.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH

Yea Howard has paid for his deal with the subscribers he has brought in. I think its anywhere from 2.5 million to 4 million. I'm not to sure on that,but he has paid for his deal. To do that all he needed to do was get a million people over. That being said..... It's doesn't excuse the fact that they have been real real lazy with replays and other things. I think the live shows have been great,but playing the same crap over and over is just wrong.

I doubt that has anything to do with the stock price being at 14 cents. I do know some XM listeners that are friends of mine that still won't get best of Sirius because of Howards whole Friday thing. I try to explain it and they've made up their minds. I just tell them their missing out. Anyone that cancels is also missing out. What will you listen to on "old fashioned shitty radio???" People bitch about the commercials on here now and they are nowhere near what shitty old radio has.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008

The subscriptions he generated may have paid for his salary and his stock bonuses, but I think the company expected him to bring in more than just revenue for his deal. As of now, they're about 4 bil shy, give or take a few hundred mil.

Howard is trying his best though, as he's a company man. Unfortunately, the only company turning a profit due to Sirius is Howard Stern Productions.

Howard Stern Productions = Hahahahahaha......

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
On Monday, they will be playing a Best of 2008 Show. That should take up about 20 minutes. The Best of 2008? Don't they do a "best of" EVERY FRIDAY? What happened to all the tapes he had to buy back from K-Rock/CBS? Howard's laziness must have spread to Tim Sabian.

Good point. But people will complain about whatever you feed them. If they play stuff from 1997, they'll complain about too much Jackie.

I'm guessing their "logic" is that they're probably picking up a lot of XM listeners. Apparently they feel the need to play this stuff for them.

Believe it or not, some people actually do like to listen to what they missed the first time. Not everyone feels the need (or has the time) to listen to every millisecond of every live show.

I do agree though. Where's Mammary Lane? Where's Stern Spotlight? (Even though I wasn't a fan of a 6 AM to 7 PM show.)