New Firmware 1.9.16 has been released for G2 (12/26/08)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
It appears a new update has been made available to address the issue mentioned below.

RomeE said:
Cardiff Giant said:
I've had a few problems with the new firmware. First, I noticed that today if I paused the song and left the unit sitting for a few minutes (say to talk to someone who came to my desk) I couldn't wake it back up normally. I inserted a USB cable into it and it came back. It did this multiple times. I turned it off and on and it didn't do it again.
Also, after rebooting it due to the previous problem, suddenly the scroll wheel stopped working when you click the album cover to get the allmusic.com text. Any ideas?I'll try it again later tonight to see if I have the same issues again.
We believe this is resolved with 1.9.16 firmware that we just pushed. This actually could result in some strange behavior that we felt we wanted to fix ASAP. Nothing else changed in this firmware release.
Best regards,

Rome E
Slacker Support

JMII

Nov 21, 2008
Margate, FL USA
Thanks for the info. I noticed the same thing with my G2 the other day (getting stuck after pausing) but figured it was due to the battery being low. Its all charged up and DLed the new firmware so we'll see how it goes today.

Oct 29, 2008
Well I have not experienced this bug that folks were referring to. So I'm not in any rush to update. Luckily I did a refresh right before the release. So I'd just rather wait, and be sure the update is cool before I download it on my player. I'd assume skip this update, but obviously I don't have a choice. Anyway I've been cool with the Dec 23rd release, and I have been doing the pause thing a lot.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well I have not experienced this bug that folks were referring to. So I'm not in any rush to update. Luckily I did a refresh right before the release. So I'd just rather wait, and be sure the update is cool before I download it on my player. I'd assume skip this update, but obviously I don't have a choice. Anyway I've been cool with the Dec 23rd release, and I have been doing the pause thing a lot.
I see no reason whatsoever to skip the update! It has worked just fine! I think it is smart that they don't allow end users to make that choice, because that makes their lives in providing support much easier.

Oct 29, 2008
I'll get around to it. I'll be refreshing fairly soon. I can delay, but not avoid. Looks like the update is smooth anyway.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I'll get around to it. I'll be refreshing fairly soon. I can delay, but not avoid. Looks like the update is smooth anyway.
Yeah, no problems to report at all. It does fix the issue where the device shuts off randomly when just paused. I was having that issue daily with 14. I had got to where instead of just letting it go into paused/standby I was shutting it down because I found it would come back on quicker that way. Good that they addressed this so quickly!