New Englanders: How's the Snow?

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I just got done snowblowing the first 7 inches here.

I guess there are many more to come.

I even got out of work early today. :)

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
Hello "New England", just a "Little New Yorker" here and the snow is just beautiful

My husband was also "snowblowing" - and I have to tell you there was a lot of it. Now it's time to go out and have fun tonight in it.... :bigclap:

diane

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
It is still snowing at my house. I have snowblowed twice today.

I have a huge horseshoe driveway, too.

I bet I'll have to do it again. :mad:

And tomorrow freezing rain? Ugh.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
At least you get weather that makes the Holidays feel like the Holidays.
I went Christmas shopping today wearing a short sleeved shirt. :eek:
High of 78 today.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
At least you get weather that makes the Holidays feel like the Holidays.
I went Christmas shopping today wearing a short sleeved shirt. :eek:
High of 78 today.

Good ole Louisiana, you gotta love it. But now Sunday night and Monday we go back into the deep freeze it is suppose to be in the upper to mid 20's lows here in the Central and Northern part of the state. Then a quick warm up, followed by a warn Christmas Eve, only to cool off from Christmas Day! LOL

You know what they say.. Stick around if you don't like the weather because it will change.

You've got to love this forecast for the next 7 days!

sevday.JPG

roscoryan

DRC Graphics Guru
Oct 13, 2008
Burnsville, MN
We're getting our first REAL snowfall in the Twin Cities today as well. We've had a few nuisance snows (1" here and there, just enough to eff up the commute).

We should have 6" of accumulation by tonight.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
The weather in Phoenix is very nice! Here is this week temperature and most of this week will be Sunny and Partly Cloudy.

Sunday
High: 64
Low: 47

Monday
High: 64
Low: 49

Tuesday
High: 58

Wednesday
High: 61
Low: 45

Thursday
High: 57

Friday
High: 60
Low: 41

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
You haven't lived up here very long have you?

You get used to it after a while.;)

Oh I have! I have been here since 2003. That first winter we had a weekend where we got 37" of snow.

I am from Michigan so I know snow. ;)

I had a break from snow when I lived in Seattle for about 6 years. I think it snowed 4 times when I was there. :)

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Virginia has great weather. We get four seasons--cool winters with some snow and warm summers. Today was cloudy, with a high in the 50's and misty rain.

I saw a wonderful quote the other day--"The weather is indifferent to your opinion of it."

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
We're getting our first REAL snowfall in the Twin Cities today as well. We've had a few nuisance snows (1" here and there, just enough to eff up the commute).

We should have 6" of accumulation by tonight.

Blah! Just 26 hours ago I left New Ulm with a load going to California. It was lightly snowing, about 25°, but there was a lot of snow on the ground.

Highways 15 & 60 were snow covered. I had to go about 20 miles into Iowa before I could see the road, & that was only because the wind picked up so hard that it didn't have a chance to stick to the road...:(

& today is only the first day of Winter!...:shock:

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
After over 24 hours of snow it stopped. We have about 13".

It is now snowing again (new storm). Looking forward to snowblowing again.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
MM, Please take no offense, but this is for you :)

Diary of a Snow Shoveler...

December 8 - 6:00 PM. It started to snow. The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9 - We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the Whole World? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had. Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplow came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life.

December 12 - The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a disappointment. My neighbor tells me not to worry, we'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. l don't think that's possible. Bob is such a nice man, I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 14 - Snow lovely snow! 8" last night. The temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplow came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in shape this way. I wish l wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15 - 20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4x4 Blazer. Bought snow tires for the wife's car and 2 extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's silly. We aren't in Alaska, after all.

December 16 - Ice storm this morning. Fell on my ass on the ice in the driveway putting down salt. Hurt like hell. The wife laughed for an hour, Which I think was very cruel.

December 17 - Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere. Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to her. God I hate it when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room.

December 20 - Electricity's back on, but had another 14" of the damn stuff last night. More shoveling. Took all day. God*&%$ snowplow came by twice. Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're lying. Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow blower and they're out. Might have another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill me. I think he's lying.

December 22 - Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of the white s*&$ fell today, and it's so cold it probably won't melt till August. Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to piss. By the time I got undressed, pissed and dressed again. I was too tired to shovel. Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of the winter; but he says he's too busy. I think the a-hole is lying.

December 23 - Only 2" of snow today. And it warmed up to 0. The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What is she nuts!!! Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did but I think she's lying.

December 24 - 6". Snow packed so hard by snowplow, l broke the shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the son of a &*%$ who drives that snow plow I'll drag him through the snow by his balls and beat him to death with my broken shovel. I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then he comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've just been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols with her and open our presents, but I was too busy watching for the god*%@# snowplow.

December 25 - Merry &*%@#@ Christmas! 20 more inches of the god*&^# slop tonight. Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God I hate the snow!
Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think shes a fricking idiot. If I have to watch "It's A Wondeful Life" one mor time, I'm going to stuff her into the microwave.

December 26 - Still snowed in. Why the hell did I ever move here? It was all HER idea. She's really getting on my nerves.

December 27 - Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze, plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him, he only charged me 1,400 to replace all my pipes.

December 28 - Warmed up to above -20. Still snowed in. THE B*&$# is driving me crazy!!!

December 29 - 10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

December 30 - Roof caved in. I beat up the snow plow driver he is now suing me for a million dollars not only the beating I gave him but also for trying to shove the broken snow shovel up his a&%. The wife went home to her mother. 9" predicted.

December 31 - I set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

January 8 - Feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?

Last edited:

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
We got about a foot of snow yesterday.. and it looks like another 6 inches is out there now, still coming down..I sorta getting cabin fever.. I have so much shopping to do..but I'm stuck in the house.

roscoryan

DRC Graphics Guru
Oct 13, 2008
Burnsville, MN
Blah! Just 26 hours ago I left New Ulm with a load going to California. It was lightly snowing, about 25°, but there was a lot of snow on the ground.

New Ulm is a world away from the Twin Cities when it comes to weather. Southern Minnesota (along with Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois) have been getting socked all month, while we've missed out until yesterday. And since we only officially got 3.8" yesterday, even that wasn't much.

To those in the Sunbelt, I've lived in both. I'll take a couple of months here of cold weather with the beauty of the season over your few months of HELL in summer.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Virginia has great weather. We get four seasons--cool winters with some snow and warm summers. Today was cloudy, with a high in the 50's and misty rain.

I saw a wonderful quote the other day--"The weather is indifferent to your opinion of it."

The weather is one of the things I miss most about Tennessee. We got all 4 seasons. But the winters were mild for the most part, rarely did it snow or stay really cold for long. The summers were also pretty mild, rarely got really hot and when it did it didn't stick around for long, and not nearly as humid as one would expect for all the rain we got. Beautifull springs that started in March and a long, dry fall with wonderful weather from the low 80's in September to low 60's up to Thanksgiving. Can't get much better than that.

Kansas City weather SUCKS. Hot and humid as hell in the summer, and cold as a witches tit in the winter. The only mild weather you get there is in the fall, early fall.:mad: