New earbuds by ZAGG

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
Being a big fan of their Invisible Shields (and having bought several) I'm on their mailing list and just got an email for their new earbuds.

They look cool and really functional but all that is secondary if they sound lousy.

Anybody have these??? I'd be interested to see a review.

check em out here:

ZAGG | Z.buds | Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones

There's no doubt they are a great design. I'm just wondering how they sound.

ZAGGEvangelist

Dec 2, 2008
There's no doubt they are a great design. I'm just wondering how they sound.

Hello,

My name is Chris and I am an official ZAGG representative. I can tell you from personal experience that the Z.buds are the best sounding earbuds that I have ever used. Here are the specs:

Earbuds
speaker diameter: 10mm
frequency response: 20hz to 20Khz
impedance: 32 Ohms
max input power: 10mW
cable length: 1.37 meters/54 inches
plug type: 3.5mm
sensitivity: 94dB +/- 3dB SPL/mW
Microphone: Noise Cancelling Condenser
frequency response: 30hz to 16Khz
impedance: 10 Ohms
sensitivity: 42dB +/- 3dB

You will find that these are comparable to headphones costing more than two times as much. There are testimonials here If you should have any further questions, please feel free to email me directly at evangelist@zagg.com.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Hello,

My name is Chris and I am an official ZAGG representative. I can tell you from personal experience that the Z.buds are the best sounding earbuds that I have ever used. Here are the specs:

Earbuds

You will find that these are comparable to headphones costing more than two times as much. There are testimonials here If you should have any further questions, please feel free to email me directly at evangelist@zagg.com.

Cool. We've got Zagg people on here.

YOUR INVISIBLE SHIELDS ROCK.

I will seriously consider the headphones.

Ok. for somebody that knows more about this than me. I currently have a pair of Sennheiser CX300's. Here is their technical data. Which looks more impressive?????? I'll be honest, I don't know if higher or lower Ohms are better and I certainly can't tell you what kind of impedance I'm looking for.

Technical Data for Sennheiser:

Frequency response 18Hz - 21kHz
Cable length Asymmetrical, L: 170 mm; R: 510 mm, (850 mm divider to plug)
Impedance 16 Ohm
Sound pressure level (SPL) 112 dB (1 kHz, 1 Vrms)
Jack plug 3,5 mm stereo (angled)
Ear coupling intraaural (ear canal fit)
Transducer principle dynamic, open

Tech data for Zagg:

Which is better?

Last edited:

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
Hello,

Earbuds

I'm currently own a pair of Shure E4c which I love. I guess it's not fair to compare the two because they are in two different price points.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Hello,

Hi Chris welcome to DRC. I am glad to see you guys posting here. I got this same email as I have bought many Invisible Shield. I sure wish you guys would come out with one for the Slacker G2, but that of course is another topic all together.

These earbuds certainly look really good and the specs are good too.

Comparing these to much more expensive brands is not a fair testimony as to how good these potentially are. I am not a big earbud person, but I may just try a pair of these.

Thanks,

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Looking into a new pair of earbuds, I was going to grab a cheap pair of skullcandy ones at radioshack for 10 bucks. Anyone know if these are vastly better? Skullcandy brand usually go for 20 bucks for earbuds.