New Delphi Myfi Problem

Discussion in 'XM Radios' started by romad, Jan 4, 2019.

1. romad

romad New Member

This past week while I was in Prescott, AZ my radio started doing a weird power down/power up thing. It would power down for about 10 seconds then power up and work for another 10 - 15 seconds, then repeat several times before working fine until the next day. It had worked fine most of the day but started doing this when I came out of a movie theater. I thought it might be the Car adapter or power adapter.

Well, now that I'm back in California I put the MyFi in the mount installed in my Jetta with power hardwired, and the same thing happens where it didn't before. It works fine after a few of these cycles. Maybe it has to warm up from generated heat?

Anyone have a similar problem?

hyson likes this.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

One of my older (non-Delphi) radios did something similar. I replaced the battery and it took care of it.

3. romad

romad New Member

This is a fairly new battery, less than 2 years old. The battery it replaced was the original battery from 2005.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

If the battery gets too hot or too cold I think they go a bit wonky. I remember reading about that on forums back in the day where everybody had an AirWare or a MyFi.

5. romad

romad New Member

I know that my unit display conks out when it is too hot; I fixed that by aiming one of my center vents at it so the cold A/C air hits it. I'll order a new battery and see what happens.

6. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Too hot!! Just like your receiver, or amplifier, but not your computer.

7. romad

romad New Member

Well, I decided to try reconditioning the battery first. I brought the unit inside and mounted it into the Home cradle. I then let it charge for 48 hours before putting it back in the car. It has worked flawlessly since. I still ordered a new battery to have on hand.

HecticArt likes this.