New Bubba Box Set

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
08-07-09 Friday | Bubba the Love Sponge® Show

I guess it was originally announced on that date, but here are more details as I remember:

Bubba Wonka:

It will be EVERY CD ever released. This includes, in no particular order:
Super K5 Anthology (I guess this includes actual original artwork, not the "godfather" stuff that Super K5 got)
Clemulus Package
Bubba Raw discs one through four (Disc four to be released soon)
Special stuff never released (Holiday thing? Strip Ship? Something else?)

Probably some more stuff in there that i'm forgetting.

There will be 1500 of these for sale. No more. They will be numbered, just as the SuperK5 was. (The SuperK5 in this set will NOT be numbered outside of the Bubba Wonka number.)

But the big news?

Five (yes, 5) of these will have Golden Tickets, just like the real Wonka bars. Should you be lucky enough (approx: 0.333 percent chance) Bubba will fly you and a guest (both older than 21 years of age) to Tampa where you have the chance to:

1) Meet Bubba, Ned, Manson, Spice, Brent, 25 Cent, Big Dick, and many others. This meeting may take place during a live show, which would most likely be a Friday show.
2) Go to dinner with Bubba, Ned, Manson, Spice, Brent, and probably others.
3) Go to 2001, The Dollhouse, and probably other bars.
4) Potential party at Bubba's
5) Potential party on Bubba's friend's boat
6) Potentially more

All Grand Prize offerings subject to change...this is only stuff that was thrown around on today's show.

The five lucky "golden tickets" are randomly inserted. Being the first one to buy may not necessarily increase, or decrease your chances of winning.

The pessimist in me comes out and I think they said that they wouldn't release that "special stuff" again, but isn't that what they said about the SK5? But... this is a damn cool thing. And it is the original artwork, which was NOT included in the SK5.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Ned situation. We all know where Ned goes whenever a guest comes in the studio. Then again, there is a picture of him sitting in the studio the day they had a press conference for the FM stuff.

My guesses as to the five? Chob + guest, Scout or Big Gulp, Ned's Testicles & Heather Wiz, and two more plus their guests. (FIX!!!! :mad: hahaha, just kidding.)

Last edited:

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I'm a mark, but I'm guessing this is going to be pricey...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm a mark, but I'm guessing this is going to be pricey...

I own 5 or so Bubba CDs. They're definitely good stuff.

Agreed on both counts. I already have the Super K5, so I don't see a reason for me to buy this one. I am planning on getting the Clemulus though.

The one thing that cheesed me with the Super K5 is that with some of those CDs, the audio ends AFTER the next track begins. You'll turn on track 12, hear the end of track 11, then the audio of track 12 will actually end as part of track 13.

I did hear Bubba say once that some of those earlier CDs were made "on the cheap" so i'm hoping that's the issue and that it doesn't exist on the newer CDs.

The SK5 was $317.95 after the shipping, or $299 before shipping. I'm sure we can guess the cost of the Bubba Wonka set... $800? Higher? I'm sure shipping will also be insane. The weird thing is that i'm sure i've spent well over that on Sirius (radios and programming), plus the $100 for the year of BubbaRaw, but $800 at once is crazy.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I would really like to get this, but I'm sure they will have another super duper super set before his contract is up. If I would have bought the Super SK5 I would be pissed. That stuff was never supposed to be released again and here we are.

Do you guys think Bubba really needs the money? I just can't see paying $500 to $800 for this thing. I know they will have something else out later. It's like the people that keep buying rereleases of The Star Wars movies. I don't want to be that guy. Now if Howard put out a set off all his bits and things in a box set I would pay $1000 easy. I'm not trying to put Bubba and the guys down. I just don't get it. Still a fan though.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I would really like to get this, but I'm sure they will have another super duper super set before his contract is up. If I would have bought the Super SK5 I would be pissed. That stuff was never supposed to be released again and here we are.

Do you guys think Bubba really needs the money? I just can't see paying $500 to $800 for this thing. I know they will have something else out later. It's like the people that keep buying rereleases of The Star Wars movies. I don't want to be that guy. Now if Howard put out a set off all his bits and things in a box set I would pay $1000 easy. I'm not trying to put Bubba and the guys down. I just don't get it. Still a fan though.

In bubba's defense, the Manson/Ned parodies are better (in my opinion) that any parody done by Stern. The Ned songs are frickin amazing. I've been listening to those CDs for 3 years now and still love them.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
08-07-09 Friday | Bubba the Love Sponge® Show

I guess it was originally announced on that date, but here are more details as I remember:

Bubba Wonka:

It will be EVERY CD ever released. This includes, in no particular order:
Super K5 Anthology (I guess this includes actual original artwork, not the "godfather" stuff that Super K5 got)
Clemulus Package
Bubba Raw discs one through four (Disc four to be released soon)
Special stuff never released (Holiday thing? Strip Ship? Something else?)

Probably some more stuff in there that i'm forgetting.

There will be 1500 of these for sale. No more. They will be numbered, just as the SuperK5 was. (The SuperK5 in this set will NOT be numbered outside of the Bubba Wonka number.)

But the big news?

Five (yes, 5) of these will have Golden Tickets, just like the real Wonka bars. Should you be lucky enough (approx: 0.333 percent chance) Bubba will fly you and a guest (both older than 21 years of age) to Tampa where you have the chance to:

1) Meet Bubba, Ned, Manson, Spice, Brent, 25 Cent, Big Dick, and many others. This meeting may take place during a live show, which would most likely be a Friday show.
2) Go to dinner with Bubba, Ned, Manson, Spice, Brent, and probably others.
3) Go to 2001, The Dollhouse, and probably other bars.
4) Potential party at Bubba's
5) Potential party on Bubba's friend's boat
6) Potentially more

All Grand Prize offerings subject to change...this is only stuff that was thrown around on today's show.

The five lucky "golden tickets" are randomly inserted. Being the first one to buy may not necessarily increase, or decrease your chances of winning.

The pessimist in me comes out and I think they said that they wouldn't release that "special stuff" again, but isn't that what they said about the SK5? But... this is a damn cool thing. And it is the original artwork, which was NOT included in the SK5.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Ned situation. We all know where Ned goes whenever a guest comes in the studio. Then again, there is a picture of him sitting in the studio the day they had a press conference for the FM stuff.

My guesses as to the five? Chob + guest, Scout or Big Gulp, Ned's Testicles & Heather Wiz, and two more plus their guests. (FIX!!!! :mad: hahaha, just kidding.)

yeah it sounds like a pretty good deal. I am not a fan of having physical dvd's and cd's , but its a nice collection. the golden ticket thing is a big bonus if ur a big bubba fan. Sounds like it would be fun. Imagine if howard offered such a thing. I'm sure hanging out with bubba and co would be much more fun.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
A year or so ago he said that he would NEVER release another CD/box set and that everything was going to be done electronically. What ever happened to that?

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
A year or so ago he said that he would NEVER release another CD/box set and that everything was going to be done electronically. What ever happened to that?
He got fed up with the delay he had to go through with iTunes to get things up for sale. Plus with a larger segment of the audience on FM being less technically savvy (read: rednecks and hayseeds) he got requests for more CD's. Also some people like me actually prefer CD's and I liked Clemulus Package because I enjoyed having some new material not having ever been on iTunes for bits.

But I think the premise of a career spanning box set a year after the last one was released is a bit nutty. And it's not even a case of the FM audience having missed out on it being that the last one came out last year.

I have the K5 and enjoy the hell out of the old stuff and didn't even mind getting a few discs I already had to get the old stuff. But this it kind of cheapens having the K5 to have this released, with exclusive material and artwork not available to the people who got the K5. At least the material on the bonus discs is probably available through iTunes.

At least we got the ultra rare Blackman comic. :jj:
LOL. I already have the K5 and won't be getting this one. The money at this point would probably go towards getting a new laptop. Plus I imagine it's completely random who gets the tickets.
yeah it sounds like a pretty good deal. I am not a fan of having physical dvd's and cd's , but its a nice collection. the golden ticket thing is a big bonus if ur a big bubba fan. Sounds like it would be fun. Imagine if howard offered such a thing. I'm sure hanging out with bubba and co would be much more fun.
Howard was adamant about not going to a subscriber lunch or something like that, no way he'd be seen with the lowly peasant fans. :jj:
If I would have bought the Super SK5 I would be pissed. That stuff was never supposed to be released again and here we are.
I was a tad bit annoyed at first but got over it quickly. But I know someone who is very pissed over the deal.
It's like the people that keep buying rereleases of The Star Wars movies. I don't want to be that guy.
I own several copies of the original trilogy. I'm a total nerd but the last one had the original theatrical cuts so it's justified. :jj:

Last edited:

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I don't care that he changed his mind (I haven't and won't buy one) but I can see some people being pissed. I'm sure some people bought the last one because it was the last one.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I don't care that he changed his mind (I haven't and won't buy one) but I can see some people being pissed. I'm sure some people bought the last one because it was the last one.

Seems to be the norm these days... if memory serves, the Rolling Stones did their 1st farewell concert in the 80s. Or was that the Who?? Kiss has had several, etc. So Any time I hear it's "last chance", I figure it's the last chance "for a while". :)

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
the way bubba hawks merch, why would you ever think anything is the official "LAST" one of its kind?

I wouldn't buy any of his stuff. I'm just into buying merch from anyone but there has to be a market for it or he would have given up buy now.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
He got fed up with the delay he had to go through with iTunes to get things up for sale. Plus with a larger segment of the audience on FM being less technically savvy (read: rednecks and hayseeds) he got requests for more CD's. Also some people like me actually prefer CD's and I liked Clemulus Package because I enjoyed having some new material not having ever been on iTunes for bits.

LOL. I already have the K5 and won't be getting this one. The money at this point would probably go towards getting a new laptop. Plus I imagine it's completely random who gets the tickets.

He also said that he imagined that many truckers and other similar-type may enjoy having the CDs over the iTunes stuff.

I just threw your name in with the bunch since it seems like Bubba has his super-ultra diehard fans...you know who they are. You, Joe the Super Mark, B. Fudd, Scout & Big Gulp, etc.

Yes, it is 100% random as to who gets the "Golden Ticket."

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Here's via Twitter.

5lucky listeners and 1guest each will be flown to Tampa on a thurs or fri put up in a nice hotel get a studio tour Friday dinner with the
entire brn crew and spouses late night cocktails and Lap dances at doll house then sat a fishing trip on a 60 footer with strippers

Followed by a BBQ and cocktail party at bubbas house Thats what u get if u get 1 of the golden tickets in bubba wonka.

Please give me your thoughts on bubba wonka it's 40 disks eleven if which r new and never been released like the bubba melt down cd the fight club DVD the strip ship DVD the Brent Hatley concert cd the christmas bits and songs cd and much more.

So it's:
Super K5, which from what i've heard is the original cover art
Clemulus Package
Bubba Raw discs 1 - 4 (Bubba Raw 4 coming out soon)
Bubba Meltdown CD, Fight Club DVD, Strip Ship DVD, Brent Hatley Concert CD, Christmas bits and songs (this stuff never released on CD.)

And who the hell knows what else...

As for the price?

Super K5 was about $318 (after shipping)
Clemulus is about $40 (estimate after shipping)

Probably about $400-$450 after shipping, i'd guess.

Last edited:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Things like the K-5 and this box set have always bugged me a bit about Bubba. I don't mind him selling the t-shirts and other little items, but asking people to pay $500 for a CD collection is a bit much. Bottom line, people do buy this stuff because they have loyalty to and want to support the show, and not necessarily because they can afford it. It's always struck me as a little manipulative to sell something for that much.