Need Las Vegas Lodging Advice

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Hi all-

It looks like I might be coming into some tickets to the Nationwide Race, and trying to throw together a quick trip over. I need some ideas on good places to stay, and figured the group might be able to help. Thanks!

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I've stayed at MGM Grand and Bellagio and they were both awesome. MGM Grand has an "Adult" pool, snicker. The Hard Rock is supposed to be party central although I've never indulged.

brett1963

Oct 30, 2008
Cincinnati
Hi all-

It looks like I might be coming into some tickets to the Nationwide Race, and trying to throw together a quick trip over. I need some ideas on good places to stay, and figured the group might be able to help. Thanks!

As is always the case depends on how much $$$$ you want spend.
I would suggest going as cheap as you can on a room at any decent hotel on the
strip (try priceline. hotwire etc etc) and I would splurge on a limo to take you to and from the race, it definitely beats rental cars, driving or public transportation or shuttles.

Snafam

Oct 31, 2008
This is a good year to come here, as the hotels are all much cheaper than usual. Almost all of the properties on the strip are good, safe and clean places to stay. There are also some properties on Las Vegas Blvd North (downtown) (near Fremont Street Experience) that are fairly good, and some not so good. If you want to ask about specific properties, feel free to PM me, and I will give you any information of what I know!

And there is no more public transportion to the track, as our government said if any public transportation companies receive any federal funds, they can't be used in a charter situation for private events. (yes, the race is a private event!) Check at the LVMS site, there is something there about a charter they did in place of that.

Raceimages

Nov 17, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.raceimages.net
Honestly, if you want to be on the strip and not pay strip prices, stay at the Motel 6 on Tropicana. It's across the street from the MGM and a block away from the Strip. Whenever I'm shooting at the Dirt Track I stay there, decent price and close enough to everything thats going on.

But then, it's also a Motel 6.....

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Not anymore. Cost too much to leave it on and they are trying to save $$$$ with the economy!
Lights out pal!!!

:p

Snafam

Oct 31, 2008
I have to attend a conference later this month at Harrah's. Anyone ever stay there?

Not one of the worst, by any means, but certainly not as plush and nice as the Venetian. It is an older property, but I think it is fairly well maintained. We have had guests stay there, and they didn't think it was that bad. Of course, they were at the track in the day, and gambling all night long.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Dunno where you are at in our great state, but I found airline and motel for under $200 a person flying out of Grand Junction.

Thanks for the information and that is a great price. With the way things are right now, I bet there are good deals everywhere.