NCAA Tournament games to be available with best of Sirius on XM?

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
Does anyone know if they will? I would hope so- they have plenty of room on XM 102-114, as nothing else is going on in Sirius sports at the time (except the NBA, which is already on XM).

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Good question. I would think XM will have the BIG DANCE games with the channel space they have. Hopefully, we will hear something soon.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Nope I saw a press release today and it indicated NCAA tourney games on Sirius. Of course you can get audio of games along with video on your I phone or Ipod Touch.

hwkn

Oct 14, 2008
Evanston,IL
Hopefully next time the deal for the tourney games comes up for renewal XM will also get the rights to the games.

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
Oh well, you can see all the games online for free anyway at NCAA March Madness on Demand - NCAA.com, so...

FUCK XM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, you do have to admit that it was pretty stupid of Sirius XM to not get something worked out so that one of the biggest sporting events in America could be broadcasted to ALL of their customers!

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
I just looked at the college schedule pages on both xmradio.com and sirius.com and all the XM page shows is a bunch of NIT games, while Sirius page shows NCAA touranement games. Judging by that, I'm left to assume the NCAA tournament is on Sirius only. Also, with as big as the NCAA tournament is, I'd have to think if it was on Best of Sirius that it would be splattered on either XMRadio's main page, or their sports page.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
This makes up for baseball finally. Not trying to be an ass, but now you guys see my frustration with this shit. I also saw they didn't air he MAC and other smaller conf games on best of sirius on xm doesn't make sense. They have all those channels and they hardly get used.

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
Here's the thing that frustrates me. Sirius and XM as separate entities supposedly no longer exist. Everyone is a subscriber to the same company- Sirius XM. Yet in quite a few ways, they still act as separate companies accoeding to what type of radio you have. In my opinion, if they are truly one entity, all radios should have the same content. Sirius should get MLB now and XM should get the NCAA tournament. I don't understand how they hjave to clear it with anyone to do this. Yes, the NCAA tourney was a Sirius exclusive, but SIRIUS NO LONGER EXISTS! Jleimer is correct- this is ALL about money!!! I bet the Sirius folks NEVER see baseball on their receivers because the company wants you to pony up more cash for a Mirge!

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Here's the thing that frustrates me. Sirius and XM as separate entities supposedly no longer exist. Everyone is a subscriber to the same company- Sirius XM. Yet in quite a few ways, they still act as separate companies accoeding to what type of radio you have. In my opinion, if they are truly one entity, all radios should have the same content. Sirius should get MLB now and XM should get the NCAA tournament. I don't understand how they hjave to clear it with anyone to do this. Yes, the NCAA tourney was a Sirius exclusive, but SIRIUS NO LONGER EXISTS! Jleimer is correct- this is ALL about money!!! I bet the Sirius folks NEVER see baseball on their receivers because the company wants you to pony up more cash for a Mirge!

Yep and those people who have I phones or are near a computer for the tournament will be able to listen and or watch the games so Sirius XM loses here. Also with Baseball's Iphone app along with GDA they can choose between feeds. so the bottom line is this the Customer loses with Sirius XM but wins if they have a Iphone MMOD or MLB GDA or the Iphone MLB app.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Unlike baseball, I find basketball to be whole dead whale boring on radio...:shock:

I can live with updates on ESPN Radio...:)

Plus, if I really want to listen to the games, I can just plug-in my Sportster Replay...:right:

JDawg3DX

Oct 16, 2008
Las Vegas

Don't blame Sirius/Xm for the probs with baseball and the NCAA Tournament. Those were previous contracts and in turn, those contracts would have to also have to be renogiated by MLB/NCAA... The NFl, NHL and BCS as well as the conferences had no prob with them being brought over on both services...

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I like the college announcers who don't act like homers. Ditto any small school or underdog that's putting a whuppin' on a big conference school. I intend on surfing the dial of my SL100 til I get home then watch the action on cbs.com while I listen to the audio via my home dock.

Don't ask me why I didn't schedule vacation for this weekend.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I intend on using my Sirius reciever if I cant stand a crew on CBS which will be only one the Brando and Giminski crew since Brando annoys me with his stupid phrases.