NBA Game Time - Home and Away radio broadcasts on your iPhone, and more!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
NBA Game Time 2009-10

Game Time 2009-10

NBA fans now have an exciting new way to follow the action live! NBA Game Time, based on the popular live scoring app introduced last season, adds several new features for the 2009-10 season along with a stunning new look.

In addition to live scores, stats, and standings for every game, this official NBA paid App lets you listen to live game radio broadcasts for both home and away teams and watch NBA TV-produced video recaps.

Personalize your experience with live quarter-by-quarter push notifications, by team or by game, and sort game schedules by favorite team.

New Features for 2009-10 Season:
- LIVE Home and Away Radio from Every Game
- Push Notifications for the Teams and Games you choose
- Game Previews and Summaries
- Team Rosters and Player Search
- Detailed Player Cards
- Daily League Leaders
- League News from NBA.com

Other In-Game Features:
- LIVE Scores
- LIVE Stats for Teams and Players
- Quarter-by-Quarter Scoring
- Game Clock
- Starting Lineups

Additional Features:
- Video Highlights from Every Game.
- Full-Season Schedule
- Schedule Picker by Team
- Conference, Division, and Overall standings
- Twitter™ updates from the NBA’s official feed!
What's new

App Shopper: NBA Game Time 2009-10 (Sports)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
MLB and now NBA. If they do this with the NFL at some point the need for Sirius becomes less and less!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
MLB and now NBA. If they do this with the NFL at some point the need for Sirius becomes less and less!

Technically, they already have, but you have to be a DirecTV Superfan subscriber. But yeah, if it expands beyond that I can definitely see why someone wouldn't need SiriusXM anymore. I might pick this up to listen to the Nuggets since my local station is low power and has that annoying buzz from the HD Radio signals when the games are on at night. I'd like to see the NHL do something like this, also.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah the NFL is totally in bed with DirectTV now days, hell even ESPN, NBC, CBS, FOX all use DirecTV feeds now instead of having their own camera crews out there.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
The NBA, via MobiTV, has made available its "League Pass" service to the iPhone via the League Pass Mobile app [iTunes link]. Like the MLB At Bat app [iTunes link], League Pass Mobile allows you to stream live NBA games onto your iPhone -- over 40 live NBA games per week. There's also the ability to view stats from the current game, and look at scores from games across the league. Subscribers can also replay full games up to 48 hours after the game has been played.

I'm a basketball junkie, and a former subscriber of NBA League Pass Broadband, the NBA's desktop version of the service -- former, because I actually just canceled my subscription yesterday. I found the service subjected too many games to blackouts, which often prevented me from watching many games of my beloved world champion Los Angeles Lakers. As a result, I'd often hop on over to my local sports bar to watch the game, which set me back at least US $12 with beer factored in. This year, instead, I'll be sacrificing the comfort of watching games in front of my desktop (and now the potential of watching it on my iPhone) for the peace of mind that the game I want to watch will be available at my local sports bar.

NBA League Pass Mobile is available for US $39.99 in the App Store.

Watch live NBA games with League Pass Mobile for iPhone

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Not bad at all if you are into the NBA! Seems iPod Touch and iPhone have opened up a new streaming market for these professional sports. Then again they have been doing this on certain phones for a while.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Now that I think about it, the NFL does have a deal with Sprint for Live Audio and Streaming Video of all NFL Network games, as well as NFL Network live. How long that will be an exclusive remains to be seen. I don't forsee the NFL wanting to limit its market to strictly Sprint customers.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I'm listening to this now (Wizards/Pistons) and it's not bad, audio quality is about as good as a strong Mono FM and there are no break-ups in audio signal. I'm a bigger fan of the NBA after last year's playoffs so this is something I'd use often.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Okay, the sound quality of some games over others has been better as of late. I listened to Lakers/Cavaliers the other night and it sounded very good, about as good as an XM signal with little to no hiccups. Definitely worth the $10 cost.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Update: The app is now $5.99 in the App Store for the rest of the season.