NBA....anyone???

Discussion in 'NBA' started by AJ_II, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Yep Rudy T
  2. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

NBA...what's that!?! Is Bernard King still playing? Albert King even?
  3. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Anyone see the new OKC Thunder uniforms? They don't look too bad. They almost look like the Tarheels in their road jerseys, if it weren't for the orange trimming. It'll take a while for me to get used to there being a Thunder franchise in the NBA, and no Supersonics.

[​IMG]
  4. Scoobyfan1

Scoobyfan1 New Member

Hopefully this no NBA thing in Seattle will be fixed soon, Gary Payton and a few others are trying to get a group together to talk to the NBA to get a team back in a few years.
  5. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

From Ryan at XMFAN:

NEW YORK, Oct 27, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- XM Delivers More Than 1000 Live Regular Season Games, Plus Every Game of The NBA Playoffs and The Finals

Games Will Be Available On SIRIUS With "Best Of XM" Programming Option

NBA Season Tips Off October 28

The National Basketball Association and SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) announced today that SIRIUS XM will deliver live NBA games to satellite radio subscribers around the country throughout the 2008-09 season.

(Logo: Newscom Search )

The NBA and satellite radio are continuing a partnership that dates back to 2003, when the NBA became the first major professional sports league to provide live games on SIRIUS.

SIRIUS XM broadcasts more live NBA games than any other radio outlet. Starting with the Opening Night games tomorrow, XM listeners will have access to more than 1,000 regular season games, plus every game of the NBA Playoffs and The Finals. For most SIRIUS listeners, select NBA games will be available through the "Best of XM" programming package.

"Since 2003 the NBA has been one of the premier programming elements on satellite radio," said Steve Cohen, SIRIUS XM's SVP of Sports Programming. "The merger of SIRIUS XM gives us the opportunity to deliver NBA games to more listeners than ever before. XM and SIRIUS subscribers from coast to coast will have access to live NBA action every night, from the tip-off of the regular season through every second of the playoffs."

"As the first major professional sports league to provide live games on satellite radio, we have always embraced all forms of media to reach our fans, wherever they may consume our game," said Danny Meiseles, Senior Vice President, Production, Programming, and Broadcasting, NBA. "Now with NBA games available to both XM and SIRIUS subscribers, even more fans will be able to follow our game throughout the season."

Beginning tomorrow, XM and SIRIUS subscribers will have access to the Opening Night tripleheader featuring the reigning NBA Champion Boston Celtics hosting the Cleveland Cavaliers at 8:00 pm ET (XM channel 231, SIRIUS channel 215), plus the Milwaukee Bucks @ the Chicago Bulls at 8:30 pm ET (XM channel 232, SIRIUS channel 216) and the Portland Trailblazers @ the L.A. Lakers at 10:30 pm ET (XM channel 233, SIRIUS channel 217).

SIRIUS XM will utilize NBA team radio broadcasts to air regular season games from every NBA team. Throughout the regular season, SIRIUS XM will, in most cases, provide the home team's local radio broadcast. During the NBA Playoffs and The Finals, home team, visiting team and national radio broadcasts will be offered.

For a schedule of upcoming NBA games on XM visit XM Satellite Radio - America's #1 Satellite Radio Service. For more information on adding "The Best of XM" channels to a SIRIUS subscription and a schedule of NBA games on SIRIUS visit SIRIUS Satellite Radio - The Best Radio On Radio.
  6. TSSJimmyCoN

TSSJimmyCoN Member

Hopefully my pistons can take the East and not just the division this year. I think Joe D has a big trade in store and I just hope it doesn't involve Sheed or Mr. Big shot
  7. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

LA owned Portland last night. It was pretty clear Portland's offense is still settling in.
  8. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Oden is already hurt. Poor kid had to wait a year to make his debut, then he can only manage to get through the first half of his first game. Hopefully the MRI comes back with good news today.
  9. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Here's how Vegas sees it...odds to win the 2009 NBA Championship:

Los Angeles Lakers 3/1

Boston Celtics 3/1

Houston Rockets 9/1

Detroit Pistons 10/1

New Orleans Hornets 10/1

San Antonio Spurs 12/1

Cleveland Cavaliers 14/1

Utah Jazz 14/1

Phoenix Suns 18/1

Philadelphia 76ers 25/1

Dallas Mavericks 25/1

Portland Trailblazers 25/1

Toronto Raptors 28/1

Orlando Magic 30/1

Miami Heat 35/1

Chicago Bulls 40/1

Denver Nuggets 50/1

Golden State Warriors 55/1

Charlotte Bobcats 70/1

Washington Wizards 70/1

Los Angeles Clippers 75/1

Atlanta Hawks 80/1

New Jersey Nets 100/1

Indiana Pacers 100/1

New York Knicks 100/1

Minnesota Timberwolves 150/1

Sacramento Kings 150/1

Memphis Grizzlies 200/1

Milwaukee Bucks 200/1

Oklahoma City Thunder 200/1
  10. goreds2

Holly #$%#. I hope this is not a trend like in the 1980's. (Go SIXERS!)
  11. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

[​IMG]

Boston in the house!
  12. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I guess Joe Dumars was thinking the same thing. Pistons trade Billups and McDyess for Allen Iverson. If you're a Detroit fan, I think you've gotta love this deal.
  13. MM

MM Administrator

I'm still not sure how I feel about this yet. I know Iverson is good, but so is Billups and McDyess.
  14. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

It's a little risky breaking up that Piston core that has won so many games over the past several seasons, but like I said, I just couldn't see them getting back to the Finals again. Apparently Dumars didn't either. It was time to try something new, and with Iverson coming into town, you get a Hall-of-Famer who is nearing the end of his career and will see this as possibly his last opportunity to get a championship. So he's going to bring everything he's got. And if it doesn't work out, this is Iverson's last year on his contract, so it'll open up a lot of room in the salary cap after the season. Seems to me like Dumars is getting everything in line to make a run at Lebron when he becomes a free agent.
  15. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

man I had some hope for the knicks after game 1...

hopefully d'antoni will keep his cool with some of the dead weight still on the roster
  16. goreds2

SIXERS beat Sac tonight 125-91. It will be interesting to see us go against Iverson now in the East.

gosixers2
  17. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Great game last night in Houston in what was potentially a preview of the NBA Finals. I would have prefered the Rockets win, but it was a very entertaining game to watch nonetheless. If Yao showed up to play at all, Rockets could have won. He had one of his worst games ever as a pro.

SC Highlight Of The Night: Celtics Top Rockets - ESPN Video
  18. MM

MM Administrator

If Billups passes his physical.
  19. goreds2

Iverson's first game with the Pistons is tomorrow night.
  20. NBACha

NBACha New Member

I'm in Charlotte....."Hornets" is a bad word around here now!. Go Bobcats (although success may still be a year or two away!).

[​IMG]