NASCAR to meet with NNS teams about COT

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
So..... The Nationwide Series is getting ready to transition to the COT. What do you think?

NASCAR will host Nationwide Series owners and drivers at a meeting at its research and development center in Concord, N.C., on July 28 to inform them of plans to roll out the car of tomorrow for the 2010 season, series director Joe Balash confirmed Saturday. NASCAR already has informally told teams the new car will be used on restrictor-plate tracks and road courses next year. The July 28 meeting will officially detail the use of the car. Track testing is likely to take place after the October Sprint Cup race at Talladega, despite NASCAR’s testing ban this season. The car has been track tested twice, at Richmond and Charlotte last year, but only by a few teams. Most Nationwide teams don’t have a COT, and some teams will likely buy old Cup chassis and convert the bodies to Nationwide specs.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
IMHO, they just need to use the COT at all tracks. Why race two types of cars if you don't have too :right:
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
So much for saving money. And so much for the two series being different.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
"So much for saving money. And so much for the two series being different"

Since when did Nascar care about cost savings. And its been many many many years since the two series were different.

This will break the back of the Nationwide series and turn it into more of a joke than it already is.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
IMO, there will be even more Cup drivers in the Nationwide races now that that testing will be opened back up for them.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Both true post Dex and dp.

IMO, there will be even more Cup drivers in the Nationwide races now that that testing will be opened back up for them.

That's an angle I didn't think of...and I think you will be right.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Both true post Dex and dp.

That's an angle I didn't think of...and I think you will be right.

Just heard on TMD that the NW car will be springs only, no bumpstops...no wing...splitter will be higher off the ground. With those things in mind, would there be a big testing advantage for the Cup guys on a weekend?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
So...is nascar making the NW team do testing on the COT configuration?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Well, what I'm saying is that I don't think the COT was completely ready for prime time and nascar kind-of had the cup teams finish out the testing. And I wonder if nascar is now going to make the NW teams continue that process. (am I making sense? :eek::p)

I would like to see nascar help fund this but that's not gonna happen.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Well, what I'm saying is that I don't think the COT was completely ready for prime time and nascar kind-of had the cup teams finish out the testing. And I wonder if nascar is now going to make the NW teams continue that process. (am I making sense? :eek::p)

I would like to see nascar help fund this but that's not gonna happen.

I get you now.