NASCAR Phrases.....

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
What are some of the NASCAR phrases that you hate/like, real or not?

Hate: 'If the race ended now.......'

Like: 'Well, we're @ lap 47 here at Kansas, let's go now to the garage area to Jamie Little, who's standing by with a dejected Jimmie Johnson.'

Hate: 'Now that we have time during the battle for the lead, let's go to Tim Brewer & the cutaway car for an explanation on how the gas pedal works.'

Like: 'Let's go to victory lane here at Homestead for an interview with the 2009 champion, Mark Martin.'

Hate: 'Let's go to victory lane here at Homestead for an interview with the 2009 champion, Jimmie Johnson.'

Like: 'It's with deep sadness that I have to report to you that I'm stepping down from my hosting duties here at FOX to pursue my lifelong dream of animation.' DW

You get the idea. What can you come up with?

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
There is a new one ABC / ESPN keep saying every week since the chase started. I've heard it other places too: "you have to beat the man to BE the man" I roll my eyes everytime I hear that.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
'Now that we have time during the battle for the lead, let's go to Tim Brewer & the cutaway car for an explanation on how the gas pedal works.'

:bigthumbup:

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
What are some of the NASCAR phrases that you hate/like, real or not?

Like: 'Let's go to victory lane here at Homestead for an interview with the 2009 champion, Mark Martin.'

Like: 'Let's go to victory lane here at Homestead for an interview with the 2009 champion, Jimmie Johnson.'

You get the idea. What can you come up with?

Sorry had to do a little changing here.. lmao

What about:

Hate: 'If the race was to end now on lap 156 of 400 this is where everyone would be in points'

Drives me nutz, the race isn't ending right there there is still over half the race left so plenty of time for anything to happen...

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Driver x and driver y hold hands and skip to the high side

Driver X is high wide and handsome in turn x

"i'm standing up"

*whistle* back her down marine

and last but not least the soundbite the TMD plays at the 8:45 am break DAILY

"im gonna barbecue your ass in molasses." (that sound bite is funny, but to hear it every day at the same time is starting to get to me) pss (now when you hear it you will look at the clock and say "yep, yipp was right")

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Bagley loves to say this word and I always get a kick out of it...scamper

Main Entry: 1scam·per
Pronunciation: \ˈskam-pər\
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): scam·pered; scam·per·ing \-p(ə-)riŋ\
Etymology: probably from obsolete Dutch schampen to flee, from Middle French escamper, from Italian scampare, from Vulgar Latin *excampare to decamp, from Latin ex- + campus field
Date: 1685

: to run nimbly and usually playfully about

Toddlers scamper. Race car drivers bump and rub :shock: