NASCAR Mobile '13 App

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
I installed it and I can already say this is a major downgrade from the Sprint Cup Mobile app they used to have.

You can select your favorite driver and I don't see any place on there where there will be live race day audio or scanner chatter.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I didn't like the old app. You had to have great 4G service or wifi to watch the races. Otherwise it wouldn't work very well.

We'll have to wait & see how this new app works when the season starts in two weeks :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk :)

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
The full app will be available to Sprint customers for free. The rest of us will have to pay for the services that app will provide. Race day audio, scanner chatter, and video of some sort is to be provided. It seems to be a work in progress just like their web site.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
The full app will be available to Sprint customers for free. The rest of us will have to pay for the services that app will provide. Race day audio, scanner chatter, and video of some sort is to be provided. It seems to be a work in progress just like their web site.

Where did you hear/see this info at?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Where did you hear/see this info at?

Link to info.

mobile13_mobile_sprint_yellowbox.png

and

raceview_mobile_sprint_yellowbox.png

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Per Bob Pockrass: The #NASCAR Raceview app, which has Raceview upgrade plus 3D virtual video (free-Sprint, $-others), is available iOS but not Android this wk, but for iOS, #NASCAR Mobile '13 app scanner/race radio broadcast feature (free Sprint, $$ for others) maybe/maybe not for Saturday.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Per Bob Pockrass: The #NASCAR Raceview app, which has Raceview upgrade plus 3D virtual video (free-Sprint, $-others), is available iOS but not Android this wk, but for iOS, #NASCAR Mobile '13 app scanner/race radio broadcast feature (free Sprint, $$ for others) maybe/maybe not for Saturday.

Dang! I keep looking at that site 3 times a day waiting for this app. I really wanted to try this for the Unlimited.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
I got a feeling us Android users are going to get the shaft on this. When this actually use to be Sprint's baby it was mainly geared towards Android devices.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
My app has updated twice in the past few days. I haven't opened it to see what is new or what it will or will not do.

I do know this, I will not pay anything extra to view anything. If I'm not somewhere that I can watch the race, oh well.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
So what new do Sprint Android users get?

I just turned it on & saw Nationwide practice speeds (we're talking about practice).

As Sprint customers, do we get anything special? :confused: