NASCAR - How Bad Have You Got It?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
How long have you been watching it?

Do you go to the races?

If so, what was the first race that you went to and do you still go to that track?

What races do you go to each year?

Favorite track? Why?

Do you stay in an RV or hotel/motel?

How far do you drive?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
How long have you been watching it?

Do you go to the races?

If so, what was the first race that you went to and do you still go to that track?

What races do you go to each year?

Favorite track? Why?

Do you stay in an RV or hotel/motel?

How far do you drive?

I've been watching since the early 80's and have been going to the races since 89.

My first race was Watkins Glenn. I went there three times. My last time there was the year that JD McDuffie was killed in an accident at the end of the backstretch. Back then they didn't have the 'bus stop'. They had to run the fastest part of the track and then do a 180 and come back the other way. I haven't been back since.

We now go to Bristol, Dover & Richmond every year.

My favorite track is Richmond. IMO by far, the best racing.

We camp most times at the track with the exception of Richmond. To costly there and a long waiting list.

Our average NASCAR weekend is around 800-1000 miles. Got raped this year by the gas prices!

Also been to Michigan, Martinsville, Lowes Speedway, & Pocono.

Last edited:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Been a fan since '78.

I used to go to the old Nashville Fairgrounds track. I can remember watching The King go around and being in awe (I was young...:eek:). I also remember "jaws" DW in the 88 car. I know I saw all the other guys that were around then but I can't remember that.

I haven't been to a nascar race in YEARS. One, I don't live near a track, and two, it's too expensive for me to justify it.

My favorite track used to be Bristol but now it's Richmond. They both have great racing and I'm always in favor of the short tracks. I want great racing and those are two tracks that I'll make time for to watch.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Fan since the 80s, first race was Talladega, I saw the man win his last race there before the tragedy. Always camp, its not really too expensive if you dont need full hookups. I have also been to Bristol twice. Planning on adding TX or Charlotte next year, which ever fits my schedule.
Dega is about 200 miles or so, Bristol is 500, Charlotte will be about the same. TX a little more.

On a side note, I been to El Dora twice also. We were racing so we stayed in the haulers, never stayed in a hotel there.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
How long have you been watching it? Since early 90's when I was in high school

Do you go to the races? yes

If so, what was the first race that you went to and do you still go to that track? Talladega, yes

What races do you go to each year? Spring Talladega and Fall Texas

Favorite track? Why? I have only been to talledega.

Do you stay in an RV or hotel/motel? RV

How far do you drive? Talladega is 462 miles from Baton Rouge.

Jager

Nov 16, 2008
Virginia
How long have you been watching it? Mid 90's.

Do you go to the races? Yes

If so, what was the first race that you went to and do you still go to that track? The 1st race I ever went to was at Richmond 2004, I think Dale Jr won that race. Signed up on the season tickets list a few months later and been a season ticket holder since :)

What races do you go to each year? Richmond and Bristol

Favorite track? Why? Richmond, good short track racing.

Do you stay in an RV or hotel/motel? I stay home, I live in the Southwest part of Va now, but my family still lives in Richmond, so I get to go home twice a year.

At Bristol I have a buddy that lives maybe a mile from the track. Grill and drink at his house until an hour from the start of the race, then chill at his house until the traffic goes down to travel home.

How far do you drive? 5 1/2 to 6hrs to Richmond, from where I live. Maybe an 1hr from Bristol depending on traffic.

MicEd

Oct 23, 2008
michigan
I started watching in earnest after ( and I hate to say this) Dale sr. died. I had watched a little before that but not very much. Then I started listening to 128 when I was spending 8 to 10 hours a day on the road haven’t been able to listen much lately and I do miss all the shows even TP In fact I have it so bad I sit here and read this drivel almost every day even though most of what I read has nothing to do with Nascar. I read it any way hoping to pick up on some tidbits of information that I didn’t know. I must say some of you have way to much time on your hands. But it’s ok to each his own. I do think the 88 team will have there best year next year. As I believe the cream will rise to the top when they take away testing.

AND TO ALL YOU HOCKEY FANS JUST REMEMBER TO ROAD TO STANLEY GOESTHROUGH HOCKEYTOWN go WINgs

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
I started watching in earnest after ( and I hate to say this) Dale sr. died. I had watched a little before that but not very much. Then I started listening to 128 when I was spending 8 to 10 hours a day on the road haven’t been able to listen much lately and I do miss all the shows even TP In fact I have it so bad I sit here and read this drivel almost every day even though most of what I read has nothing to do with Nascar. I read it any way hoping to pick up on some tidbits of information that I didn’t know. I must say some of you have way to much time on your hands. But it’s ok to each his own. I do think the 88 team will have there best year next year. As I believe the cream will rise to the top when they take away testing.

AND TO ALL YOU HOCKEY FANS JUST REMEMBER TO ROAD TO STANLEY GOESTHROUGH HOCKEYTOWN go WINgs

I think this forum is for both talking about nascar and the shows on the nascar channel. If you are looking for a great forum to learn a lot about some of the questions you want answered PM me.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I think this forum is for both talking about nascar and the shows on the nascar channel. If you are looking for a great forum to learn a lot about some of the questions you want answered PM me.

Are you saying we cant answer his questions because we like to carry on a lot of BS and enjoy ribbin each other?:nana:

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
How long have you been watching it? Late 90's

Do you go to the races? Been only once to Charlotte, Texas and Vegas (I need to get out more lol)

If so, what was the first race that you went to and do you still go to that track? Coca Cola 600 @ Charlotte, never been back, but some day I will!

What races do you go to each year? Wish I could, but I don't go every year

Favorite track? Why? Las Vegas of course! Went for a week and made two vacations out of it. 3 days of Vegas and 3 days of racing, had a blast doing both!!

Do you stay in an RV or hotel/motel? Hotel

How far do you drive? Fly