NASCAR has unfair control over race schedule

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
OK, so I'm probably in the minority on this subject on this board but are you kidding me? Unfair control over the race schedule. Who else should have control over the race schedule other than the sanctioning body. I think this whole Kentucky Speedway lawsuit is :bs:

Link to article here..... Lawyer: NASCAR has unfair control over race schedule

I feel for you people in that area of the country that want a race in your backyard. I just don't think what is going on is any way to get it done.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
OK, so I'm probably in the minority on this subject on this board but are you kidding me? Unfair control over the race schedule. Who else should have control over the race schedule other than the sanctioning body. I think this whole Kentucky Speedway lawsuit is :bs:

Link to article here..... Lawyer: NASCAR has unfair control over race schedule

I feel for you people in that area of the country that want a race in your backyard. I just don't think what is going on is any way to get it done.

I agree with you 100%. Who else should run the schedule?
Is NASCAR good at it? We're going to Pocono again this weekend. So, maybe not but I can't think of a better solution.
You let tracks decide and it'd take years to get one schedule out there.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Yeah, Pocono......again.
California after the 500.

So I'm not crazy about the schedule. But it's for nascar to decide.

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
I'm going to ask a stupid question here....but why are these former owners continuing with this lawsuit? In other words, since they got their money from Bruton Smith when he bought the track, what would it matter to them if Kentucky got a Cup date or not? Or do these people still own a portion of the track?

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I would bet they still have shares in the company. But it doesnt make sense, if they dropped is 6 months ago, they would have a cup date for 2010. Maybe they are looking for a settlement.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
If I'm not mistaken Nascar wanted some ownership of the track and they said no. It would figure that Nascar would want to own a part of any new track. I say drop the lawsuit though. Nascar has more money and it will drag on forever.

Snafam

Oct 31, 2008
I believe that they sold the Speedway at a much lower price than it cost for them to build it. I think they are trying to recoup some of the losses.

One note, from what I remember when this was going to court the first time, is that NASCAR specifically said they would not get a Cup date. So, IMHO, NASCAR has followed through with all of their promises!

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I believe that they sold the Speedway at a much lower price than it cost for them to build it.

Oh yeah, they lost a ton. Mr. Smith made out nicely though. ;)

Anywho, they shot themselves in the leg here.