NASCAR Hall of Fame - Who gets you vote?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
You’ve got five picks. Who gets in? :scratch:

I would have a tough time picking people that were from this sport before I started watching so I'm limiting my choices to people that I am familiar with. Also, I don't believe that the selections are limited to just drivers.

In no particular order...

1) Richard Petty
2) Dale Earnhardt
3) Ken Squier - Announcer
4) T. Wayne Robertson - President Sports Marketing ( R.J. Reynolds)
5) Humpy Wheeler - Track Promoter

Last edited:

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Dp,

They are most likely going to have wings like the other HOF's have so there will be an owners wing, a drivers wing, and probably a miscellanous wing for everyone else i.e T Wayne.
Drivers
Richard Petty
Dale Earnhardt
David Pearson
Bobby Allison
Darrell Waltrip or Cale Yarbourough

Owners
Junior Johnson
Richard Petty
Both Wood brothers
Robert Yates

Misc.
T Wayne
Big Bill France
Bill France Jr
Humpy Wheeler

9FNZ

Oct 18, 2008
You’ve got five picks. Who gets in? :scratch:

I would have a tough time picking people that were from this sport before I started watching so I'm limiting my choices to people that I am familiar with. Also, I don't believe that the selections are limited to just drivers.

In no particular order...

1) Richard Petty
2) Dale Earnhardt
3) Ken Squier - Announcer
4) T. Wayne Robertson - President Sports Marketing ( R.J. Reynolds)
5) Humpy Wheeler - Track Promoter

HUH? How can you not have Bill France Sr. in the first class to the H.O.F., and have an announcer? You got the first two right but the last three don't have a chance on the first ballot if their only doing five a year. If they only do five here's my list....

1) Bill France
2) Richard Petty
3) Big E
4) David Pearson
5) Cale Yarborough

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
HUH? How can you not have Bill France Sr. in the first class to the H.O.F., and have an announcer? You got the first two right but the last three don't have a chance on the first ballot if their only doing five a year. If they only do five here's my list....

1) Bill France
2) Richard Petty
3) Big E
4) David Pearson
5) Cale Yarborough

Perhaps you missed the point of this thread. I wasn't asking you for your opinion of my picks. I asked you only who you would vote in.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Its hard to pick, but Ken Squier and Mike Joy have to go in at some point. I wont argue about them being in the first class. But I guess that is what you were asking for, sorry.

MicEd

Oct 23, 2008
michigan
All you Dale jr haters talk about how obsesed we Dale jr fans are. I say your post shows just how obcessed the jr. haters are. no thread is amune from your petty jelousy. I tdoesn't matter if he ever gets in the HOF. He will go down in history as the most popular driver ever. and you Jr. haters just can't handle that.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
All I was saying is that with you all throwing Dale Sr in the HOF on the first ballot I was waiting on Dale Jr to go in with him. Not hatin' at all.

Sure Sr and Jr are good drivers, but how bout the real pioneers of this sport be put into the HOF first instead of guys who rode the coattails of the true pioneers a la:

Bill France Sr, Richard Petty, Fireball Roberts, David Pearson, etc, etc

Thats all I'm saying.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
Why not? I'd say if it wasn't for them then drag racing would probably be the number 1 motorsport in this country then

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Why not? I'd say if it wasn't for them then drag racing would probably be the number 1 motorsport in this country then

So your saying Muldowney, Garlits, and Berstein didnt compare to the nascar greats? (I know your not implying that) I would say EVERYONE in both had a hand in making both what they are today. Think about it, what one name sets the two apart? FRANCE
Timing and money was everything to escalate nascar above nhra.