Name that stadium

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Post a picture of a stadium. Whoever gets the name of the stadium gets to post a picture of the next stadium.

It can be a picture of any stadium. One that is around today or doesn't exist anymore. It must be a stadium used by a professional or college team. It can be an indoor or outdoor stadium. It can be a picture from the inside or the outside.

I'll go first...:right:

Reactions: DoublEE and AJ_II

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Should we have hints if people are stumped after a day or so?
That's sound cool. I'll give a hint on this one...:)

This stadium was used by a professional baseball team in there first year of existence...:scratch:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I believe that's Wrigley Field.........of Los Angeles
You are correct...:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrigley_Field_(Los_Angeles)

The park was built in South Los Angeles in 1925 and was named after William Wrigley Jr., the chewing gum magnate who owned the first tenants, the original Los Angeles Angels minor-league team. In 1925, the Angels moved from their former home at Washington Park (Los Angeles), which was also known as Chutes Park. Wrigley also owned the Chicago Cubs, whose home is a more famous park also named after him.
Give us a pic, AVII...:D

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Sorry for getting your initials wrong. I should have put AJII, but I'm always confusing letters and number...:worried:

:D
Believe me, don't worry about it! :bigthumbup:

Here's the next stadium...not the best picture I could find, but it was the only one without the name of the park in the URL address (to avoid all you cheaters!)...and I don't know how to do Imageshack or Photobucket or whatever. Anyway, here it is...

And another shot of its signature exterior...

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
Believe me, don't worry about it! :bigthumbup:

Here's the next stadium...not the best picture I could find, but it was the only one without the name of the park in the URL address (to avoid all you cheaters!)...and I don't know how to do Imageshack or Photobucket or whatever. Anyway, here it is...
Shibe Park in Philly?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Here's the next stadium...not the best picture I could find, but it was the only one without the name of the park in the URL address (to avoid all you cheaters!)...and I don't know how to do Imageshack or Photobucket or whatever.
That's one of the first things I thought of before I started this thread. I didn't want to use a photo with a url that had the name of the stadium, so I just used my photobucket account...:)

It's easy to use photobucket. I just copy a picture on my computer, then go to photopucket and save the image from my computer. It works great that way...:)

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
It's easy to use photobucket. I just copy a picture on my computer, then go to photopucket and save the image from my computer. It works great that way...:)
Cool...this looks like it'll be a popular thread, so I'll have to look into that for future use.

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio

Hints: Only parts of this structure still exists. The extremely short right field should give you some clue to what park it is.

Last edited:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Judging by your hints and the fact that you're an Indian fan, I'm guessing League Park...even though I can't even see the image!