NA$CAR Bans Sanctioned Track Testing

KSfarmgirl

Nov 6, 2008
I think you're right, non sanctioned tracks will get busy, but I think overall it has to save money somewhere.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Does Texas World Speedway still exist? I didn't know that. Why would they not be racing there?

Andy Hillenburg looks like a genius now after buying Rockingham! He'll be renting that track out every day.

Last edited:

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Still a gutless move in my opinion. Nascar needs to grow some balls. Its pretty damn easy. "You cannot test anywhere. If we find out you test anywhere you will be suspended. Failure to comply will be met with swift consequences"

Pretty damn easy.

All in all thought this is a move that should have been made years ago.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Think this makes stewart happy? :p Or DEI? Does it help anybody?

I bet eventually the manufacturers will have their own tracks built solely for testing. And I'd build a 1.5 mile track.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
In theory this works but the teams with more money will still go to similar tracks to test and the ones with post shakers will have a real advantage now.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I like the idea's that are starting to be thrown around that suggest making all-day Friday to be testing. They would then qualify on Saturday. That way they are basically testing the track under pretty much the same conditions as race day.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
"In the spirit of the ban on testing NASCAR announced Friday, team owner Jack Roush suggested going a step further, if other owners would consent to a gentlemen's agreement not to test at all."

Yah, that'll work! Last time I heard the 'gentlemen's agreement' phrase was when the Lucky Dog was born. :D

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
"In the spirit of the ban on testing NASCAR announced Friday, team owner Jack Roush suggested going a step further, if other owners would consent to a gentlemen's agreement not to test at all."

Yah, that'll work! Last time I heard the 'gentlemen's agreement' phrase was when the Lucky Dog was born. :D

Just the fact that it came from Jack is hilarious in itself.:2funny: And a bit ironic!:bs:

Oct 20, 2008
Cobblestone Grave
hey why don't we ban qualifying (kidding all), if NASCAR want to start with testing to maybe help the unadvantaged then lets do the same for qualifying so they never get a chance to race!!! ;)

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I read today that J.D. Gibbs was asked about Jack's "gentlemen's agreement".
He was asked if he would be party to such an agreement, and J.D. said "Well, first you have to assume that we're all gentlemen.

LOL!!!:hah:

Raceimages

Nov 17, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.raceimages.net
So is NASCAR going to help out places like Kentucky and Nashville that are never going to get Cup dates with the loss of income from a testing ban?

I agree the testing is way out of hand but this move may actually cause a few tracks to close!

zevious

Oct 12, 2008
Jack cracks me up with comments like this. While he is on top, he makes these statements. If he starts getting beat, he'll be running his ass down to the Nascar trailer to bitch. Wasn't it last year (maybe this year), that he was mentioning that everyone else had done more testing then he had. Stating that if he had known they were going to test that much, he would have found the $ to do it as well. LOL Like he didn't expect these teams to test a brand new car. DUH!