N64 Mini

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Patents and trademarks are getting filed and accepted all over the place. This thing is likely already in production. It would be cool if it came out for Christmas.

Nintendo N64 Classic Launch Is Imminent According To EU Filing

Nintendo Patent Hints At N64 Classic | Ubergizmo

Now the 1 major game it needs is Goldeneye but between Rare and the movie studio rights that may be hard to get. Rumors say that the other Bond-like Rare 64 game, Perfect Dark may make it on the mini instead of Goldeneye. Not great news but that is still a pretty amazing game. We'll see what happens. I'm eager to see it get announced officially.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I had an N64. Only really played Mario Cart and Mario World 64. Both great games

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I played both Zeldas (Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask) to death. I still play them, the remakes on 3DS, every couple years.

To get personal for a second, Ocarina came out on 11.21.98. I was 14 about to be 15, so 9th grade. Still a kid. I didn't start forming into the man I am today until 10th grade or 16. Anyway, we lived in the Philly burbs but were in Coral Springs, FL visiting my aunt and uncle, my mom's sister, for Christmas. The plan was after Christmas Aunt Sally and Uncle Paul were going to take me on a cruise to Hawaii while my mom and dad had a couple weeks to themselves in FL (probably for non-stop banging). Well Christmas came around and I got a N64 with Mario, Madden and Ocarina. I was amazed playing 3D games for the first time at home. I jumped right into Ocarina and couldn't get enough. I needed to find every single collectible to 100% the game.

At this point my mom had already had a few heart attacks. They kicked her ass. Put her in a wheelchair. She could walk a little bit but not more than a few yards at a time. Anyway, after Christmas and right before the cruise, my mom had one of the worst heart attacks ever. They had to put her into a medically induced coma for like 2 weeks. Needless to say the cruise was cancelled and I was pretty much pulled out of school for 6 weeks. We stayed in FL at my aunt's place and while my dad would go be with her everyday and my aunt and uncle went back to work, I stayed at their home with their dogs (2 mini schnauzers and a dalmatian) and played Zelda. I must have put hundreds of hours into that game. I found everything the game had to offer...every little secret and collectible and storyline and sidequest.

So I have very personal memories of that game getting me through a very hard time. Eventually my mom was out of the coma and had to go to physical rehab for like 2 months. Being intubated and with a feeding tube for 2 weeks does a number on a woman already weak from previous attacks. My parents sent me back to Philly and back to school while they stayed down in FL to get my mom well enough to travel. I stayed with my best friend and his family for more or less the entire second semester of 9th grade. It was very kind of my friend's parents to take me in for all that time.

So I love Ocarina of Time. Not only is it an amazing game (in my book the second best of all time only unseated by the most recent Zelda game, Breath of the Wild) but it more or less is the single game that cemented my love for Nintendo and video games that persists to this day.

Last edited: