1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

MySXM (My Control) *Personalized Streaming* for SiriusXM

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by TSS Taylor, Jan 14, 2013.

1. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I wish I had more info on this, since this was my first time not attending CES, but SiriusXM showed off a bit of their new Personalized Streaming service called MyControl.

From what I've heard you would choose the channels you like and you can filter the specific types of music you like within that channel library, for example if you liked Dubstep you can single out that style. In addition you could listen to the library of say First Wave w/o having to listen to the DJ if that wasn't your thing. But instead of of listening to the same radio stream as everyone else you would essentially be accessing the vast library of music within that channels vault.

I know that the service is within Beta Testing now so I think it's safe to assume it's probably coming out within months.

2. Similar Threads: MySXM Control)
    Forum Title Date
    SiriusXM 2.0 MySXM settings list Jan 26, 2013

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Way cool! This is sooner than I expected it to be. So I wonder if I'll be able to draw from Liquid Todds Boombox catalog?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  4. semipenguin

semipenguin Dy-no-mite!

I thought Dubstep was from Ireland :confused:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk :)
  5. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

My guess is just like On Demand content it's all up to the shows/DJs staff and producers to put the content on the servers. But not sure. I know Covino and Rich have been busy putting up old shows from 2005, 2006, 2007 etc. So I think people will have to be logging content into the system manually as opposed to automatically.
  6. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

This would be great for the Coffeehouse on the porch. There's about 15 songs that they've had on their playlist forever, that I just love to hear over and over again. Of course, I'm assuming I would need to get the internet access or Lynx.
  7. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski New Member

I saw it, but no one could explain it to me.

Lets say your listening to the 70's on 7, you could select if you liked Earlier 70's stuff or later 70's stuff.

I don't know if you use it what it means for the DJ's.

CES was SO BORING this year. Be glad you stayed home Tom. :)
  8. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I'm glad you saw it. Yeah it sounds like someone has to break down the type of music within any channel. Which for the decades channels can be more specific than say something like BPM which is already specific.

But then those break downs are probably determined by the music programmers. Maybe the 70s channel has 2 breakdowns and maybe 90s has 4. I'm just kinda thinking out how they would make it happen.

I'm glad I stayed home. Maybe I will go every other year. Been busy working on our new website that launched last month.
  9. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but you will either need to be streaming from your car or you will need a newer radio that is capable of this "2.0 stuff".
  10. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Interesting, to say the least guys! This will not be like Slacker or Pandora or any other music service because SXM has exclusive content that no one else has access to. I think we'll hear more about this when our new CEO gets firmly situated behind the steering wheel.

Found these links:

Trademark application- MYCONTROL Trademark Application of Sirius XM Radio Inc. - Serial Number 85756234 :: Justia Trademarks

Job posting: Temp Coordinator, MyControl - Coordinator, MyControl - Temp New York Job
  11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I think it just adds up to more flexibility and options for subscribers all within the same service.
    Being able to fine tune your listening will be cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what all it can do.
  12. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski New Member

Its not much but I did shoot a video trying to explain the MyControl feature in front of the display. I did ask someone to explain it to me on camera, but no one in a suit wanted to be on camera.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVq78V-8MZY]DISH Interactive Demo - YouTube[/ame]
  13. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

That's excellent you did that video. I posted it on the TSS Facebook and twitter feeds. It just adds some more legitimacy to the feature.
  14. SIRIUSaboutXM

15. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I have word that some subscribers are going to get the beta rollout of this.

And let me say this.....

It will blow people away. I really think this service delivers. I feel it blows away the competition.
  16. SIRIUSaboutXM

To see if you're selected to get this, try logging in with all available browsers. I remember the last beta player only worked for me on certain ones :icon_idea:
  17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I didn't find a golden ticket when I checked my browsers and phone. :wah: Drag....
  18. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

There is a guy on twitter I found who has the beta. Will lure him in and give us a heads up review if possible.
  19. kenny9966

kenny9966 New Member

Beta

Wow... I didnt know only a few people got it. I Love it so far. You can customize depth how fast or slow the rhythm of music is and apparently skip all you want! I have made Lithium the old XM "Lucy" Depth and Alt Nation is a gem now too! I will try to get some screencaps of diff channels uploaded asap! Lots of customization.
  20. mercerboy

mercerboy Member

Biaviian and HecticArt like this.
  21. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

If you need help posting the pics let us know.