My yearly "Jose talking over the intro, again" post

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by jef, Jan 7, 2009.

1. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

:soapbox:

Only made it 7 days before I had to get it out.

Jose, I love you man, but do we have to cling to "Hitting the post" radio nonsense in 2009? Thanks for talking over the beginning to "Antisocial" today.

Rant over, carry on.

2. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

It's just a random guess, but maybe it's a way of combating piracy?

If someone is talking over a song, it makes that song less likely to be uploaded to P2P.

3. Dragline

Dragline Member

I doubt it's to fight piracy... They don't talk over the songs on many other channels, including Lithium, Radio Margaritaville, and Real Jazz. Liquid Metal just has some shitty DJs that, along with the sound quality, make the channel unlistenable for much longer than a few songs at a time. Thankfully, they bumped Zeena to 1 a.m. She was the worst.

jef... See you next year on your annual post! Maybe they'll come to their senses by then, but I doubt it. I remember these posts over on SiriusBackstage. I think I may have started a few myself. :(

4. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Yeah, it happens, It doesnt bother me so much when Im listening on the radio, I expect it, though. As long as it doesnt go on and on and on every song.

5. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Heh - I think he talked over the ENTIRE intro to Type-O's Profit of Doom once in response to a thread we had going about this :D

It really does annoy me so, yet I still find it hard to dislike the guy.

6. Dragline

Dragline Member

That's the one. The intro to that song is at least a minute or more and he talked over the whole damn thing one time, and then again I think in retaliation for the thread. It was probably a bunch of his typical useless nonsense like how he likes flip flops and smoking weed.

One of the other DJs talked over the entire intro to Regular People by Pantera one time. That was a real bummer. The song kicks ass right from the start. I had to wait for the DJ to finish talking before I could crank it up.

At the end of the day, it's their loss... Between Stern and Liquid Metal, I should be in heaven. But, it's the little shit like this that makes me think about dropping the subscription from time to time.

7. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

Jason Ellis on Faction pissed me off a few days ago by interrupting a Clash song and switching it off, talking about how "lame" it was. It was "This is Radio Clash", which in my opinion is after the Clash jumped the shark, but DJs shouldn't interrupt and turn off songs like that. Why oh why did they keep Faction and get rid of Fungus?

8. TVGenius

TVGenius New Member

That was seriously one of the biggest irritants to me, after the Incredible Shrinking Playlists. I mean, ONCE in a while XMe DJs would talk a little bit over the very beginning of a non-'special' song, but I heard Sirius jocks going over lyrics repeatedly.