My sporster 5 experience so far

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I bought the home and car dock along with the unit over ebay for 167.00. After a lot of research that looked like a good deal to me.

So after a couple of weeks I really like it. Gone are the problems of acquiring signal and antenna not detected that plagued my JVC SR 3000 for the past few months.

I really like the sports ticker. It lets me see the scores of the games I care about. I also like that it is much smaller than the early unit I had.

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
True DAB, but the more I learn about the spotty coverage on this iphone the more I think I should wait. Maybe until the next one comes out.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
Ditto. I've had my Sportster 5 and car dock going strong for a few weeks now to replace my Shitletto 100. I couldn't be happier with the Sportster 5.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
True DAB, but the more I learn about the spotty coverage on this iphone the more I think I should wait. Maybe until the next one comes out.

I would suggest you think long and hard, check out the coverage with other's that have AT&T in your area before you make the leap. I've got really good AT&T coverage here, but it isn't perfect, but show me any of these wireless carriers that are. Verizon in my area have way too many gaps in coverage, so for me I had to pick the best for my location and than just happened to be AT&T. I will re-evaluate the situation again when my contract is up with AT&T in about 18 months. Right now though I am totally loving the iPhone, especially since they just turn on 3G this week and I get full signal at home, at the office and around town. My suggestion go for coverage and not just a phone!

My main issue with AT&T is there are some gaps in the rural areas I travel, yet Verizon in some of those rural areas has NO coverage whatsoever, so I'll take gaps over no coverage.