My Sl2 is toast!!

frankeb

Aug 24, 2009
A little background; I've owned my sl2 for around a year and a half. I'm a heavy recorder, 6 hrs./ day 5 days/week. I've run device recovery twice since I've owned it.

But the last time it quit it displayed a message I had not seen before.
! Error connect to pc via usb.

I did that, ran device recovery again and this time I got a message on my PC that read: we were unable to recover your device, please call customer care. :mad:

I called, the rep walked me through the recovery procedure with the same result.
He determined the software was bad and I was the owner of a $329 paperweight! Then he offered to sell me a new radio. I explained that I was a five year subscriber with 2 radios, and it wasn't my fault the radio stopped working. no help.:blah:

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way to fix this? do I have any recourse?

Thanks,
Frank

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I had it happen once when doing a device recovery. Turned out to be a flaky USB port on my computer. I use a different USB and all was good.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Also, if it's any consolation for you, give me a call and I can help you out on a slightly used but in good condition replacement for pretty cheap. 773-772-4340

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
I don't know if helps or not, but I have had much more success recovering in Windows XP, than Windows Vista or 7. If your running Vista, and have a machine with XP or know someone who does, it might be worth trying.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
I don't know if helps or not, but I have had much more success recovering in Windows XP, than Windows Vista or 7. If your running Vista, and have a machine with XP or know someone who does, it might be worth trying.

Good point! I have had a bunch of feedback from customers running Vista 64 and higher having issues. I know with the XMP3, Pioneer suggest on their website to never do a software update with 64 or greater. Causes the unit to be useless! :eek:

sparker

Oct 19, 2008
dont give up

Make sure the battery is fully charged and keep trying the recovery

HondaGod

Sep 8, 2009
I just got off the phone with a tech rep cause of the same problem. And i got same answer .. your the proud owner of a 250 dollar paperweight. wana buy a new radio. YOU WOULD THINK WITH A MANUFACTURE DEFECT THERE WOULD BE A RECALL... BUT NOOOOOOO. :mad: :loser::bs::idunno:

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
YOU WOULD THINK WITH A MANUFACTURE DEFECT THERE WOULD BE A RECALL... BUT NOOOOOOO

Recalls are for automotive safety problems - not a few bad radios. My daughter's SL10 and my and my son's S2's continue to operate day after day after day after day after day......