My Sirius Studio Version 1.6 Available

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
The latest version of the (MSS) My Sirius Studio Software is version 1.6.

You can download this latest version here.

If you are having any problems or want to discuss the MSS software you can do so in this thread.

Thanks,

satradfan

Oct 11, 2008
My Sirius Studio is the ONLY program I use that is not also made for a mac. Kind of frustrating.

Is there a way to make playlists and add music to the Stiletto using a mac?

drcmathguy

Nov 14, 2008
Yes50's main advantage is that it will display the names/artists of songs and shows in the buffer. You can then save/rip/love a song from the buffer to the my songs and shows tab. From there, you can move it to a playlist. It's a good program for content management.

Some cautions: there's a learning curve, and I don't know if it works on macs. The last update of yes50 that I'm aware of was over a year ago.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Does this work with the SL2 ? I have java installed ...
Looks cool,but what do we do to get the sl2 to be recognized
if it works)
Thanks in advance.

No, this only worked with the S50 and from what I understand based on another thread it is no longer working even with the S50. The original creator of this software is no longer supporting it.

fineware

Nov 8, 2008
Remington, VA
No, this only worked with the S50 and from what I understand based on another thread it is no longer working even with the S50. The original creator of this software is no longer supporting it.

Can't speak to the support part, but it still works using the version of Java on my MacBook Pro.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Can't speak to the support part, but it still works using the version of Java on my MacBook Pro.

Well that is good to know, but Sun has continued to upgrade Java and of course with automatic updates sometimes you update without even realizing you may just be impacting an old program that is no longer supported.

fineware

Nov 8, 2008
Remington, VA
Well that is good to know, but Sun has continued to upgrade Java and of course with automatic updates sometimes you update without even realizing you may just be impacting an old program that is no longer supported.

Precisely why I jumped off the Java bandwagon back when it went from 1.5 to 1.6... Either you have to rely on the developer constantly chasing Sun's (or Microsoft's) upgrades, or stockpile every VM you ever needed. It's a great idea for embedded apps, but a terrible idea for anything where the environment constantly changes.

97formula

Mar 10, 2009
Does this program still work?

'Sirius Channels" will not load, screen sticks on 'Loading Please Wait'.

I am having this same issue. However, everything else about My Sirius Studio is working fine (I'm using Windows 7 64-bit).

stellar115

Oct 23, 2008
Sirius has changed a couple of things regarding the login script and its location. This caused all sorts of problems with 3rd party apps along with My sirius studio. In order for My sirius studio channel streaming to work, sirius has to update the login script. It has nothing to do with your system. Its been 4 weeks and no update.

TAZLV

Oct 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Sirius isnt really supporting anything these days as far as updating software/firmware etc.
are they? Is the writing on the wall or what?

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
Sirius isnt really supporting anything these days as far as updating software/firmware etc.

Around the time of the merger, they laid off all the development teams that did these updates. Perhaps they will be rehired, but I think it is more likely that they would come out with new devices and only support those.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

No the writing isn't on the wall, this is what they have always done since they started out. This is just par for the course and really means nothing except they don't support their products.

I know money has been an issue since even before the merger. The question is will this get any better in the future. I say don't hold your breath! It is clear they feel that they don't have to support their hardware.