My Sirius Adventure

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Hey DRC,
Had to post this because it was one of the most exciting days in recent memory.

On Monday the 8th, I went to Sirius HQ in NYC. The morning began when Tom Taylor and I showed up and chatted with some advertising people. Then Gary walked by and said, "Hey Tom Taylor come hang out in the wrap up show today." So we did. People who heard it know Artie showed up. It was one of the craziest things ever and it was hilarious seeing how TWUS turned out when Artie shows up to make fun of Gary for being sad he wasn't getting better.

After I was given a tour of the Stern Studios. It was great to see everything that goes on there. I thought the most interesting part was that the Stern studios are a complete separate part of the Sirius Studios area which you need special access to enter.

We left only to return later that evening so I could do an on-air interview with Derek and Romaine. They are on OutQ every night @ 6 NY time. I was there to talk about TSS Radio and tell people about the radios. We actually have some gifts in their yearly holiday give-away, which you should enter @ derekandromaine.com if you haven't. This Friday they are giving away a Stiletto 2 from us. They also give away a stocking everyday on the air so if you listen and are the 69th caller you will win a stocking that is worth more than $1,000. Anyway, it was one of the funnest things I have ever done. Like a sucker though I didn't get any pictures.

So I just wanted to share that with everyone. :bigclap: YAY!!!!!!!

Reactions: TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
It was a great trip. Gary is very cool. I've met him a couple of times and he is just such a down to earth guy. Watching the wrap up show was fantastic. I had taken a couple tours before and this one was more unique since it was during a day when the show was there and right after the live show ended. SIRIUS always takes care of us when we go. People are always quite welcome and happy up there. The vibe is awesome. Seeing Artie on the Wrap up Show was so great.

Seeing Derek and Romaine was cool too. I was sitting on the sidelines while Jamie was on the show. He had a good number of calls come in. It will be cool to see how the Derek and Romaine show relationship works out for TSS. I think Jamie will further be a part of the show.

Also flying in and out of Terminal 5 on JetBlue was sweet. The Terminal is straight out of the future. And fyi they were playing Holiday Music from SIRIUS XM.

Great trip!

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
is the wrap up show in the same studio as the stern show?

SIRIUS Studios:

sirius_studios_ny.gif

They don't broadcast in those specific rooms, but you get the visual idea.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
One of the funnier things too was when Jamie and I walked past a theater near times square and saw a banner that read "SIRIUS Live on Broadway." I have a pic of it on my camera too.

We both imagined some musical with jokes about dealing with Satellite Radios. Songs about Howard Stern, Aquiring Signal, Sportsters and such :)

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Music Radio ? Listen to Broadway Music Station on Sirius Satellite Radio ? On Broadway
I guess instead it's a show where Broadway entertainers are interviewed on stage. Has anyone ever heard of this or listen to it?

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Music Radio ? Listen to Broadway Music Station on Sirius Satellite Radio ? On Broadway
I guess instead it's a show where Broadway entertainers are interviewed on stage. Has anyone ever heard of this or listen to it?

I actually knew what this was at the time and didn't realize it. One of the hosts for the Broadway channel's midday shows, Seth Rudesky, does a live show on Broadway for an hour every week. Interviews some people, answers questions from the audience and such.

radsatdaily

Dec 7, 2008
www.RadSatDaily.com

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
That's cool. Sounds like fun...:D

Did Romaine show you her sex toys?...:shock:

:)

No! Not at all. I think they thought I was all business. While I do love talking about Sirius Satellite Radio and Accessories, I'm a 3 Dimensional person! HA! They were super nice either way though. If either or both of them are going to be in your town for a pride event this summer, I suggest you go to meet them.

Maybe she will show you her toys.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
No! Not at all. I think they thought I was all business. While I do love talking about Sirius Satellite Radio and Accessories, I'm a 3 Dimensional person! HA! They were super nice either way though. If either or both of them are going to be in your town for a pride event this summer, I suggest you go to meet them.

Maybe she will show you her toys.

I bet you like talking about accessories..;)

Nobody famous ever comes to my town. About two years ago Rue McClanahan did some sorta book thing, but that's about it. I don't think Derek would want to come to Joplin, Mo...:shock:

I have heard on The Frank DeCaro show that Romaine keeps some toys in the studio. I doubt I'd ever get to see her to ask...:)

Learjet35A

Oct 14, 2008
Burbank, CA
Nobody famous ever comes to my town. About two years ago Rue McClanahan did some sorta book thing

Dude, where I live you can literally go into an electronics store, restaraunt or just about anyplace around here and you practically can find at minimum, B or C level celebrities any point in the day. At the airport by me is where a ton of them learn to fly.

462px-Rue_McClanahan_book_signing.jpg

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Dude, where I live you can literally go into an electronics store, restaraunt or just about anyplace around here and you practically can find at minimum, B or C level celebrities any point in the day. At the airport by me is where a ton of them learn to fly.

I believe the correct term is, "Swing a dead cat"...:shock:

:)