My idea of what a multi-cast channel would sound like

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
There would be a Sirius XM jingle instead of an XM or Sirius one which existed premerger. Both XM and Sirius radios would place the same channel.

Is this what you are saying will happen on 11/5?

SuperH

Oct 11, 2008
I have not listened long enough to hear a jingle, I will have to do that.

I have heard jingles on there that just say AC/DC Radio. I've not heard Sirius XM Radio or anything to that nature. But, I've not listened for that long either.

I guess on that note, what are the Howard 100 and Virus xL channels doing for jingles?

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I hear on Howard 100 news, they report stuff and then mention sirius and xm channel numbers, and on the virus, they do mention from time to time "The virus, XM channel 202, Sirus 197", so since howard is on 100 either way, it's hard to tell.

I wonder if AC/DC radio is being played the same across both services? Someone with both want to tune in to each channel on sirius and XM and see if its the same ac/dc channel content being played?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I hear on Howard 100 news, they report stuff and then mention sirius and xm channel numbers, and on the virus, they do mention from time to time "The virus, XM channel 202, Sirus 197", so since howard is on 100 either way, it's hard to tell.

I wonder if AC/DC radio is being played the same across both services? Someone with both want to tune in to each channel on sirius and XM and see if its the same ac/dc channel content being played?

I haven't listened myself but I have heard people saying it is.

SuperH

Oct 11, 2008

Yes, it is.

It sounds better on Sirius to me, for what it's worth. But it is definitely on Sirius 29 and XM 53.

satradfan

Oct 11, 2008
Simulcasting the two services cannot happen quickly enough...

Sirius XM needs to do everything they can to limit any confusion or choice between the two services and need to start running ONE satellite radio company.

Simulcasting the same music channel on both services is important especially for current top 40, hot ac, rock, etc...as big artists who visit the channels will now be reaching both services at one time...