Music News

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I been getting back into it little by little and checking out some new artists, albums or whatever. I'm surprised we haven't had this kind of thread yet. A thread dedicated to artists releasing new albums, going on tour or whatever else is going on with them.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
But I been getting back into it little by little and checking out some new artists, albums or whatever.
How do you you start a new thread, where the first sentence sounds like the middle of some conversation you've been having?

Anyway, there are at least 4 of us who have a thread here, where we can feature new music and things we come across. The problem is, I've found that in general, no one gives a rat's ass about the new music I'm interested in.

How would you determine what would be worthy of posting here? When Courtney Barnett or LCD Soundsystem release new albums, are you going to cover those?

How about you just have a thread for Wolf's music.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
How do you you start a new thread, where the first sentence sounds like the middle of some conversation you've been having?

Anyway, there are at least 4 of us who have a thread here, where we can feature new music and things we come across. The problem is, I've found that in general, no one gives a rat's ass about the new music I'm interested in.

How would you determine what would be worthy of posting here? When Courtney Barnett or LCD Soundsystem release new albums, are you going to cover those?

How about you just have a thread for Wolf's music.

First, off grammar Nazi, you always have a problem with me and my music. In the past I let things go by and now I don't take shit from you anymore!

First off there is NO thread talking about new music. There might be some out there who might be interested in new music. Unlike you are your Jurassic age music.

Some of the threads haven't been posted in years. The only active sub-forum is "Decades, Pop, Rock" where people post about 80's, Casey Kasem and concerts you have attended.

In the general forum, you have annoying songs, Semi asking for suggested music, Jon canceling Sirius and some crappy thread you started. I did a search and nothing came up on Music News.

This thread is for whatever you want to post about artist/band you like. As for example coming out with a new album, songs, going on tour, whatever related in music news. People you posted I never heard of, it could be used to promote them where others might not have ever heard of them.

I do have an old thread Wolf's: Favorite Songs which I will revive one day again and possibly rename it or start a new one.

So whatever your f'ing problem is I suggest shove it up your ass.

Last edited:

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Wolf and Scotch.
Get off of each other's backs.
I'm tired of this back and forth.
It ends here.
I'm at the point where I can't post any reply without him getting all profane and personal. I'm really looking for some light conversation, and I have no idea why everything I say gets him so irate. Starting a new thread with the word "But" is funny, I thought he'd have a laugh, that we'd all have a laugh. I just don't understand.

Anyway, here are the existing threads where DRC members can talk about new music, undiscovered music, or whatever they like:
Jon's Favorite Songs
Dutch Delectables
Aaron's song of the day
SiriusXM Catch of the Day
Ssotd
Scotch Sampler
Wolf's: Favorite Songs

I also don't understand the "Jurassic" reference, with regards to me. Most of my music listening and posting is about the latest indie and alternative music (just look through Scotch Sampler). How is that Jurassic?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
There was one job I was at for nearly 2 years, it was alright. But not listening to my tunes partially drove some people crazy. Especially when I had a good working iPod and when Sirius was at its peak when Howard Stern just started.

When Sirius wasn't online and I had to use the old antenna signal. I was near a window and placed one of those signal devices next to the window because the next office cube was empty. Plus some of my co-workers actually enjoyed listening to Stern and variety of the channels. So we all took turns listening to many different channels.

After a while, some new person started and all she wanted was peace and quiet. She couldn't stand listening to music and especially Howard Stern. She couldn't understand why some wire was going along her desk and personally removed it and brought it up to the boss. So because of her, nobody could listen to music and work in silence.

I also don't understand the "Jurassic" reference, with regards to me. Most of my music listening and posting is about the latest indie and alternative music (just look through Scotch Sampler). How is that Jurassic?

After years have gone by, I hardly listen to the radio anymore and I finally rediscovered music again. But currently, I'm stuck listening to my old music mainly in the 80's, 90's and a little bit of today. The reason why I used the term "Jurassic" music mainly because of the older stuff from the 60's and 70's and bands I am not a fan of.

So that is why I enjoy listening to my generation of music and can't hardly get into today's music anymore.

But it hurtful today when the new generation of people call my 80's music oldies. It a little over 30 years old and I'm close to my 40's.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Headphones are golden.

I don't ever want to listen to other people's music in a work setting.

Yea now. But in the past at my old jobs, just about everybody had radios at there desk and we all jam out to each other music.

Now today, I don't want to listen to Latino and Rap music.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yea now. But in the past at my old jobs, just about everybody had radios at there desk and we all jam out to each other music.

Now today, I don't want to listen to Latino and Rap music.

I am thinking of the stapler guy in office space with his radio.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Reactions: HecticArt and Wolf

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Some work environments are suited for cranking a community radio, like shipping and receiving, union facilities workers, construction sites, etc. But nowadays, the professional office cubicle setting is off limits.

The trend I see now with the gen X-ers (or whatever they're called), are the earbuds - everywhere, all the time. They wear them when you're talking to them (maybe they pull one out); they wear them going down the hallway; they wear them in the cafeteria; they wear them in the restroom. Sometimes I wonder wtf they're listening to, since they wouldn't get external reception, so it has to be just some big library of mp3 music, or maybe a downloaded audiobook.

I have a nice pair of Sennheisers that I use at my desk. They do the job.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I hardly work in a office cubicle anymore. I sit in a room next to other drafters, were we all have headphones in our ears.

I use my Apple Airpods all day, similar how you described gen X-ers. I mainly listen to some music and podcasts.

I keep my volume low enough, because some guys usually ask each other questions all day.