Multiple Slackers

lronglien

Nov 10, 2008
One question-If you have 2 Slacker radios, do you need two separate Slacker accounts?
Sorry if this has already been answered.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I would think that if you have two G2s and because the content is cached, as opposed to live, it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not the best one to answer that part since I don't have ONE G2, I have the iPhone App, and if I log on to the slacker website while playing the iPhone app it kicks me off one or the other. Maybe a G2 owner can answer that other part.

MNXMFan

Oct 24, 2008
One question-If you have 2 Slacker radios, do you need two separate Slacker accounts?
Sorry if this has already been answered.

For each physical radio you have, you need a seperate slacker account, either free or paid. The reason is, the radio ID is tied to your account, which is how the radio knows what to download. You can't attach more than one ID to an account at this time, even if you want the content on each G2 to be identical.

With the BB and iPhone apps, you log in just as you would on the website, so it doesn't need to know that your listening on each, as it is just "porting" the web app to your phone. So, you could be listening to the same account on the computer, iPhone, and Blackberry all at the same time with the same stations.

JMII

Nov 21, 2008
Margate, FL USA
So, you could be listening to the same account on the computer, iPhone, and Blackberry all at the same time with the same stations.

Not at the same time. As mentioned above by Jon - you can only be logged in ONCE, if you attempt to log in on another device the previous connection will fail.

MNXMFan

Oct 24, 2008
Not at the same time. As mentioned above by Jon - you can only be logged in ONCE, if you attempt to log in on another device the previous connection will fail.

I guess I hadn't tested that. Thanks for the correction. I should learn to keep my mouth shut if I don't know for sure!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
There is a thread over at the Slacker forums on this and RomeE said they are looking at possibly adding the ability to add more than one radio to an account. So, hopefully they will do this because if you want to use the same playlist on multiple portables. It is a pain in the butt to have to copy them over to the new account each and every time you make changes.

Slacker really seems to listen to user request so I hope this happens in the future.

MNXMFan

Oct 24, 2008
I live in Burnsville and work in West Bloomington. Small world! ;) And I hear you about the commute on 35W.

Ha, small world indeed! I had no idea you lived in MN, let alone Burnsville.

Yeah, the commute up 35 W is a challenge. Once I get on 494 Westbound, its usually smooth sailing!

MNXMFan

Oct 24, 2008
Have they not fixed that bridge yet?

The bridge is fixed, but even before the bridge (which is significantly north of our commutes) traffic on 35W has been a challenge. Too many people live south and work north, so when everyone tries to do the same thing, well, you get the idea.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The bridge is fixed, but even before the bridge (which is significantly north of our commutes) traffic on 35W has been a challenge. Too many people live south and work north, so when everyone tries to do the same thing, well, you get the idea.

Yep. Same issues around Toronto too.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC

I hear ya, we have a similar problem, we have too many people FROM the north who now live in the south. :whistle:

Sorry DAB, i know, :eek:fftopic: :sorry: