Mr. Popularity ... Still?

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Tony is a feel good story. People like to root for the underdog.
He's an owner / driver leading the points. Regardless of how he got the team or who supports him people still feel good backing the 'little guy'

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Don't you think that some of it has to be that his fans are playing 'catch up' after the sponsor/number change? I'm not saying that he isn't gaining fans.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
People do tend to like a winner.

That is true. I wonder why more people don't like...:rolleyes:

Tony is a feel good story. People like to root for the underdog.
He's an owner / driver leading the points. Regardless of how he got the team or who supports him people still feel good backing the 'little guy'

What's more feel good than a driver that had to give up the business that is his namesake? Who's wicked, evil, step-mother forced him out of his inheritance. His cousin sabotaged his career. And through all that, he's still a down to earth guy and relates to the average Joe better than anyone else :)

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
That is true. I wonder why more people don't like...:rolleyes:

What's more feel good than a driver that had to give up the business that is his namesake? Who's wicked, evil, step-mother forced him out of his inheritance. His cousin sabotaged his career. And through all that, he's still a down to earth guy and relates to the average Joe better than anyone else :)

I guess thats one way to look at it. I agree he's down to earth I was just putting out a theory.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Have a problem? I....AM.....a problem! :p

OK, OK, now we're making some progress here mghtx. There may be help for you yet! LOL

Step #2: Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

I'm not sure here but they may be referring to Brian France. :scratch: What do you think? :clueless:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I'd say its more like the 7 stages of grief myself ;)

* shock or disbelief
* denial
* bargaining
* guilt
* anger
* depression
* acceptance/hope.