Mother of all Setup

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Mother of all Setups

I saw this at Best Buy the other night and had to take a picture.

Basically, it's 3 50" flatscreens set up to display Gran Turismo (maybe?), using the steering wheel and pedals.

The guy playing is really about 15' away...it just looks a lot closer.

It was glorious!!

Attachments

• downsize.jpg
    downsize.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
Thats forza 3 actually (I recognize the track) that and that's the 360 racing wheel as well.

Very very cool setup!

Tristan

Oct 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
pipo.lol
It is a cool setup. Problem is you need 3 HDTV's, 3 XBOX 360's and 3 Copies of the game to create this also a hard wired network setup. It's cool that it's an option but I don't see anyone I know ever doing this.

Maybe I just need to know more people with a great deal of money.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
It is a cool setup. Problem is you need 3 HDTV's, 3 XBOX 360's and 3 Copies of the game to create this also a hard wired network setup. It's cool that it's an option but I don't see anyone I know ever doing this.

Maybe I just need to know more people with a great deal of money.

Ooooh. So that's how they did it!! I couldn't figure out the specs. But note the 3 360s under the center console.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
So this would set you back about $5000.00.

If I was a baller with money to blow I'd do this in a second.

Build a house and put a setup like this in the game room.

Sadly, I'm not a baller with money to blow.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
So this would set you back about $5000.00.

If I was a baller with money to blow I'd do this in a second.

Build a house and put a setup like this in the game room.

Sadly, I'm not a baller with money to blow.

You're a baller if you wanna be a baller, son.

Get 3 old ass CRT Tvs. Buy 3 used old ass 360s and get 3 copies of the game off Craig's list or eBay. Shit, homie; this setup could run you about $300.

:lol:

Vargas be a baller, yo.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
You're a baller if you wanna be a baller, son.

Get 3 old ass CRT Tvs. Buy 3 used old ass 360s and get 3 copies of the game off Craig's list or eBay. Shit, homie; this setup could run you about $300.

:lol:

Vargas be a baller, yo.

I'm a baller on a budget.

I've got a 42 inch samsung with a wii that nobody plays!

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I'm a baller on a budget.

I've got a 42 inch samsung with a wii that nobody plays!

I was in the same predicament until the wife bought me MadWorld and Resident Evil 4 for my birthday for the Wii.

Now I burn through batteries (in the Wiimote) like no one's business. :headbang:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I was in the same predicament until the wife bought me MadWorld and Resident Evil 4 for my birthday for the Wii.

Now I burn through batteries (in the Wiimote) like no one's business. :headbang:

I am a HUGE resident Evil fan and consider the pS and PS2 games to have been the greatest games ever. Hell, I like the Resident Evil series so much I even bought the much lousier Dino Crisis game for the PS2--just because it was from the same people and described as R.E with Dinosaurs. Talk about a game that made no sense!

IS Resident Evil 4 good? I just have a problem moving and jerking the wii remote around like a jagoff and this has kept me from picking up Resident Evil 4. Also, I see that the re-released the first Resident Evil for the Wii and that Resident Evil 0 is coming soon.

ANyway, Huge resident evil fan here so let em know how #4 is.

I bought that Nyco charging staition and that is the way to go. Recharges the batteries. Only problem is that the led indicator lights are REALLY bright.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I just have a problem moving and jerking the wii remote around like a jagoff and this has kept me from picking up Resident Evil 4.

Well don't do it like a jagoff, by all means.

FPS controls on the Wii are ideal. Drive with the joystick, shoot with the wiimote. It's better than anything I've used on other controllers.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Well don't do it like a jagoff, by all means.

FPS controls on the Wii are ideal. Drive with the joystick, shoot with the wiimote. It's better than anything I've used on other controllers.

Nothing can beat the good old keyboard and mouse when it comes to FPSs!

I'd love to plat Modern Warfare II on that rig...

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I am a HUGE resident Evil fan and consider the pS and PS2 games to have been the greatest games ever. Hell, I like the Resident Evil series so much I even bought the much lousier Dino Crisis game for the PS2--just because it was from the same people and described as R.E with Dinosaurs. Talk about a game that made no sense!

IS Resident Evil 4 good? I just have a problem moving and jerking the wii remote around like a jagoff and this has kept me from picking up Resident Evil 4. Also, I see that the re-released the first Resident Evil for the Wii and that Resident Evil 0 is coming soon.

ANyway, Huge resident evil fan here so let em know how #4 is.

I bought that Nyco charging staition and that is the way to go. Recharges the batteries. Only problem is that the led indicator lights are REALLY bright.

There's a big difference between 4 and whatever R.E. is out there.

I've played a little over 3 hours of it and it's actually pretty good. Nice 'n challenging so far, but not too ridiculously hard. Wii graphics are dvd quality so no complaints from me there.

I got used to playing CoD: World at War and the shooting controls are a bit different (I think better) so it's taking me time to get adjusted to the R.E. controls.

Some parts of the game actually require you to shake the shit out of the Wiimote, i.e. swimming and shaking free from zombies. So, you will look like a jagoff during those parts.

The guns are pretty cool but I always seem to run out of ammo too soon and that pisses me off.

I'd give it a big :bigthumbup:

I wouldn't, however, recommend the other R.E. game that's out - that one sucks balls.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
There's a big difference between 4 and whatever R.E. is out there.

I've played a little over 3 hours of it and it's actually pretty good. Nice 'n challenging so far, but not too ridiculously hard. Wii graphics are dvd quality so no complaints from me there.

I got used to playing CoD: World at War and the shooting controls are a bit different (I think better) so it's taking me time to get adjusted to the R.E. controls.

Some parts of the game actually require you to shake the shit out of the Wiimote, i.e. swimming and shaking free from zombies. So, you will look like a jagoff during those parts.

The guns are pretty cool but I always seem to run out of ammo too soon and that pisses me off.

I'd give it a big :bigthumbup:

I wouldn't, however, recommend the other R.E. game that's out - that one sucks balls.

I remember reading a review that said ammo was very sparse in this game and it was much better to just run from the zombies and only shoot when necessary.

Another of my favorite games for the previous generation consols---Splinter Cell for XBOX. I loved that game.