'Mostly Music' lifetime?

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
I have an original STARMATE radio that has a 'Mostly Music' subscription tied to it. I noticed that you can get a lifetime subscription on a 'Family Friendly' package, but I don't see any lifetime option for the 'Mostly Music' package. Is a lifetime plan possible at all for a 'Mostly Music'?

Also, is it me or does the 'Family Friendly' lifetime package make NO SENSE. It's $449 where as a 'SIRIUS Everything' lifetime is $399. WTF? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have an original STARMATE radio that has a 'Mostly Music' subscription tied to it. I noticed that you can get a lifetime subscription on a 'Family Friendly' package, but I don't see any lifetime option for the 'Mostly Music' package. Is this possible?

Also, is it me or does the 'Family Friendly' lifetime package make NO SENSE. It's $449 where as a 'SIRIUS Everything" lifetime is $399. WTF? :rolleyes:

No. FCC friendly packages like Mostly Music have virtually no perks.

The regular price for lifetime is $499. It is currently on sale for $399. I guess they did not offer the Family Friendly package on sale.

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
Yea, I figured this might of been the case since it makes NO sense right now to get a Family Friendly lifetime plan. Now, if they would just offer the lifetime online access back to lifetime plans again, I might be on board & be tempted to go with a lifetime plan. Hey, maybe they will temporarily bring the offer back as a Xmas special. One can always dream, right? :drool:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yea, I figured this might of been the case since it makes NO sense right now to get a Family Friendly lifetime plan. Now, if they would just offer the lifetime online access back to lifetime plans again, I might be on board & be tempted to go with a lifetime plan. Hey, maybe they will temporarily bring the offer back as a Xmas special. One can always dream, right? :drool:

I would be happy with paying for a lifetime premium add on rather than a monthly charge.

lronglien

Nov 10, 2008
lifetime

Did I read though that they are charging $68 to all new lifetime subs for the crazy music royalty fee, so the price is really $467 + activation?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Did I read though that they are charging $68 to all new lifetime subs for the crazy music royalty fee, so the price is really $467 + activation?

They are charging a royaltee fee (I thought $60 but $68 isn't that far off) for new lifetimes. They are not charging those who did lifetimes before the fee came in effect.

tighr

Jul 26, 2009
I just purchased lifetime service after my 3 month trial ran out on my car. The music royalty fee came to $61.20, for a total price of $461.19.