Most Overrated/Underrated in NASCAR

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Who/what is the most overrated/underrated in NASCAR and why? Add to the categories if you'd like. :hw:

Driver:
Joey Lagono - Overrated - Because he's done nothing in CUP yet.

Dale Jr. - Underrated - Yes Jr. - 18 cup wins, 22 Nationwide wins, 2 Nationwide titles & little respect.

Track:
Bristol - Overrated - Fun place but better racing elsewhere.

Richmond - Underrated - Best racing on the circuit!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Drivers

David Ragan - Overrated - When is that first win coming? Never?...:right:

David Stremme - Underrated - Will win before Ragan...:)

Tracks

Daytona - Overrated - Bleachers suck. They are folding chairs welded together. Don't stand under the bleachers. If someone commits alcohol abuse, it goes through the floorboards onto anyone standing underneath...:shock:

Kansas - Underrated - Some great racing there. Some great drivers have won there...:)

Pink Willie

Oct 14, 2008
Byron, Ga
Driver:
Joey Lagono - Overrated – No way he can live up to the hype.

Tim Richmond. - Underrated – Died of AIDS so NASCAR wants to remove him from its untarnished history.

Track:
Indianapolis - Overrated – no comment required.

Richmond - Underrated – This is the way it should be done!

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Drivers:

Mark Martin - Overrated - I almost fell over last year when NASCAR Radio considered him one of the main championship contenders this year. :2funny:

Brian Vickers - Underrated - I'd almost put money on it that he wins within the first five races.

Tracks:

Pocono - Overrated - It's the most boring track on the circuit, and the only race I skip watching.

Road Courses - Underrated - Great racing, great scenery, but no tracks in the chase!

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Dale Jr. (please don’t hurt me!) overrated - Because he’s in the best equipment money can buy and if he’s as good as everyone says he would have won at lest 4 races last year instead of one. (Though he was robbed of one last year) He is a good driver but no where near as good as some people make him out to be. He needs to step up this year.

I would have said Lagono but I’ll give him some time he’s only run 3 cup races. He’s going to be good but he came to cup too quickly another full year or two in Nationwide would serve him well.

Brian Vickers - Underrated – He ran well last year. Red Bulls equipment caught up with him. I predict a win this year.

As for tracks I’ve never been to any  so I can’t say.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Martinsville Hot dog - Overrated - Food was never meant to be that color! :rolleyes:

I was at a truck stop in North Carolina one time and they had red hot dogs. I asked why they were red and the guy at the counter said because they were pork. Don't know if that's true, but I just know I'm not to eat beef, so I bought them and ate them. They were good...:D

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I was at a truck stop in North Carolina one time and they had red hot dogs. I asked why they were red and the guy at the counter said because they were pork. Don't know if that's true, but I just know I'm not to eat beef, so I bought them and ate them. They were good...:D

I agree, they are good but overrated IMO. That being said, you still have to have one when you go to Martinsville as I think that it is some sort of rule or something. At least according to Postman.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Joey Logano -- I'll *almost* put him in underrated. Why!?! Because it's not his fault that seemingly everyone has put such hype on him. I was completely neutral on the fella until Choc and then others started flamming away at him not doing anything. He's almost become an underdog now with people pilling on. I wonder...if Logano was driving a chevy with a major team would there be this much dislike? Like if Logano and Keselowski were to trade places....hmm.....so.......

Keselowski -- is he overrated? I hear a lot of hype for him too. What's he done in cup? Understand...I don't dislike the fella...I'm nuetral on him.

Jr. -- overrated. Very good driver. Cool fella. I actually thought very highly of him when he left DEI. To take that step to go out "on his own", so to speak, showed me the kind of person he has in him. A lot of men can related to Jr. with him having such a successful father that everyone expects the children to have the same success. Jr. could have taken the easy road all his life but hasn't. One of the best things that can happen to nascar this year would be for Jr. to take the championship. Although the "Jr. Nation" would become SO obnoxious it would keep me from listening to Sirius nascar radio. And there would be even MORE fake Jr. fans than there are now.

David Reutimann, Brian Vickers, A.J. Allmendinger, David Ragan -- underrated.

Kasey Kahne, Clint Bowyer, Denny Hamlin, Juan Pablo Montoya -- overrated.

Daytona, Talledega, Pocono, Homestead -- overrated. However, Daytona at night is awesome. (Only one thing can save Auto Clup Speedway....dynamite)

Richmond, Bristol at night on HD -- VERY UNDERRATED!!!

All-star race -- overrated. But fun.

Kyle Petty, Michael Waltrip -- underrated. As TV personalities.

(that's all I can think of right now.....)

Last edited:

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
I see you fixed it, thank you I've seen Logano spelled with the A instead of the O so much it was starting to irritate me:cool:

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Underrated - Camping World Tuck Series

Overrated - Spelling of drivers names :rolleyes:

This is scary dp, I'm starting to agree with you on stuff more and more!
I need to check to see if I have a fever!!! lol :p

Very Underrated - Truck series has some of the best racing. Can't wait to watch it tonight.

Very Overrated - Spelling errors, driver names, spelling with out caps LOL the list goes on!!

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
This is scary dp, I'm starting to agree with you on stuff more and more!
I need to check to see if I have a fever!!! lol :p

You should probably schedule a Doctor visit, this could be serious! ;)

Overrated - The little pointers on the screen while I am watching the race that show me how fast two different cars are going. As a NASCAR viewer, for a long time now, I've figured out already that when CAR A passes CAR B, CAR A is traveling faster than CAR B. Maybe that is there just for the new NASCAR viewers out there?

Underrated - SPEEDS pre and post race coverage of a race. Good reporting and fun to watch!