Morning Drive Personal Stuff

Do you care for the personal stuff on the TMD?

• Don't care for it

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Go for it guys...doesn't bother me

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

caleb22

Mar 4, 2009
Ok, so someone called in this morning and it was suggested to post a poll and get some feedback.

Early in the show most days each week Poole and Bagley take around 15 to 20 minutes to rant and rave about their airplane experiences, traffic, irritating folks in the checkout line, etc...basically non-Nascar stuff.

Does it bother me, no not too bad, because by the time I get in my car to head to work they are about done.

In my opinion, the only issue I really have with TMD is that Bagman cuts folks off when he is tired of listening to them or when he feels like the topic from the caller is just not up to standards (it appears to me). I personally experienced this which is why I call Moody to talk Nascar and express my opinion. I can at least finish my thought and he never has to agree or disagree. When I hang up Moody gets his turn.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I love it. We don't live in a perfect world, and it makes me laugh to hear other people's trials and tribulations. I would much rather listen to these funny stories than people bitching, moaning and whining about JR/Kyle/Jimmy/Jeff.

I know I can change the channel (and do), and so can those people who don't get a kick out of these stories.

:pointlaugh:

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
I don't mind the personal talk at all. What bothers me is when they introduce their own pet peeves into the subject. aka "man feet" comes to mind right off the bat. Everyone has pet peeves, mine are triple chins, I despise them. But you wont see me calling in to TMD and harassing Poole about his triple chins....never. But let me wear my sandles or flip flops in peace please and I'll ignore your triple chins.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
"In my opinion, the only issue I really have with TMD is that Bagman cuts folks off when he is tired of listening to them or when he feels like the topic from the caller is just not up to standards (it appears to me)."

I dont know about that, but It gets annoying when they interupt callers in the middle of a sentence

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
It doesn't bother me they talk about their personal stuff. It’s a good way to start off the show, check in with the guys, see how everyone is doing. Hearing their travel nightmares makes me laugh, I've had my share, it's good to hear others have had some of the same issues too.

The few guys this morning were unreal. The one guy that was YELLING his way through his call drove me nuts. Why do people think that if they YELL, then others will listen to them? Drives me crazy, you can talk and make your point with out YELLING!!!

Cutting people off does happen, I've noticed it on Trading Paint. People are on hold for a bit then when they finally get their chance to talk, they don't get to finish their sentence because some hosts stop them and try finishing their sentence for them LOL. I wouldn't be happy
if I was on hold for a long period of time and when I finally got the chance to talk, I was cut off.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Cutting people off does happen, I've noticed it on Trading Paint. People are on hold for a bit then when they finally get their chance to talk, they don't get to finish their sentence because some hosts stop them and try finishing their sentence for them LOL. I wouldn't be happy
if I was on hold for a long period of time and when I finally got the chance to talk, I was cut off.

John Kernan is THE worst at this!!! It baffles me how he has/got this job to begin with. Did you guys hear the photographer from one of the open wheel series call in the other day? He was making some interesting points and John assumed he was calling to recruit fans away from nascar and belittle nascar in general. by the time John shut the hell up long enough to hear his points, he had already wasted most of the callers time. I know a lot of people on hear hate Chocolate, but at least he brings something to the table(even with his RCR commercials), what does John bring?

linkster

Oct 15, 2008
Arlington, MA
John Kernan is THE worst at this!!! It baffles me how he has/got this job to begin with. Did you guys hear the photographer from one of the open wheel series call in the other day? He was making some interesting points and John assumed he was calling to recruit fans away from nascar and belittle nascar in general. by the time John shut the hell up long enough to hear his points, he had already wasted most of the callers time. I know a lot of people on hear hate Chocolate, but at least he brings something to the table(even with his RCR commercials), what does John bring?

What? Kernan is back? Or do you mean Rick Benjamin? I have not listened to TP in a while, but I thought Kernan burned his bridges when he left.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I like Choc, but he has also cut people off and started making his comments or point. I find myself saying, "Let em finish talking!!!" LOL

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Oops, I see that now risky. LOL
Thats a pretty interesting article/story, but Rick still couldnt pull up John's boot straps!! I dont even know why they take callers on TP, he wont let them make their point anyway.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i just had to get you on that one, em :)

i've never listened to a full show of anything rick has hosted. for some reason i just get this bad vibe about the guy. maybe i need to give the guy a chance and listen to a full show for once.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Rick Benjamin

Has to be the absolute WORST of all the hosts on the shows. Terrible. Why he's on the air baffles me.

I miss Kernan. Hell, I still miss The Driver's Seat. What a great show that was.

As to the topic of this thread. I don't drive a rig anymore so I miss TMD. I always enjoyed the first half-hour of the show. But I got really tired of stuff like..."pull your pants down". :eek:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'll be in the minority on this one. Often I just change the channel to some music during the first half hour. It seems like most times that I do listen for the first half hour, it's normally just complaints about one thing or another.

Pink Willie

Oct 14, 2008
Byron, Ga
The estrogen driven morning drive yenta session is not nearly as annoying to me as the bag-man’s exaggerated exhale or his fake laugh…

Bagman

Oct 15, 2008
The ATL
The estrogen driven morning drive yenta session is not nearly as annoying to me as the bag-man’s exaggerated exhale or his fake laugh…

Estrogen driven morning drive? fake laugh?

And folks wonder why hosts dont participate more on this forum. :scratch:

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Well Bags you do TEND to cut people off you don't agree with.. not always but I have heard you do it on several occasions. I'm not counting times someone said something totally inappropiate for family radio or the "Hey I have to cut you off we are up on a break" Those you have to do.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
" I'm not counting times someone said something totally inappropiate for family radio"

Yeah cause god forbid somebody drops the S-Bomb, lets tear that guy a new one, but when Bobby Hamilton Jr. does it lets all laugh and giggle cause hes a hoot.