1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

More "great" programming on Howard101

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by kryptonite, Jan 10, 2013.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

MFB's FB feed says that Greg Kleva (Thursday nights) will no longer be on.
    Edit: This is some sort of dog therapy show. Good riddance.

A search of the Howard101 page at SiriusXM's site tells about Jon Leiberman's new show:

So, in other words, it's another Howard 100 News show.

I thought we had a puke smiley on this forum? :confused:

2. Similar Threads: More great
    Forum Title Date
    Howard Stern No more HowardTV in about three months Sep 16, 2013
    Howard Stern Anyone see how they are now editing old tapes to make Howard seem more PC? Aug 22, 2013
    Howard Stern Are there more commercials, or am i crazy? Mar 12, 2013
    Howard Stern No more "Devil Dogs" for Artie Nov 16, 2012
    Howard Stern More Missed Guests: Hugh Jackman & Sugar Ray Leonard Oct 5, 2011

3. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

even after all this vacation, I'm still 6 shows behind.

that being said, tim sabean should be fired. cuz either he is incompetant, or not needed. if howard's "brand" were strong, he'd have legit talent clammoring to work on his channels for little to nothing. and given this is not the situation just shows how far he has fallen indeed. he's paid like an A+ list celebrity but in reality has 1/10th the listeners as letterman or leno. and waaaay less than conan or jimmy as well.
  4. kryptonite

According to Perez Hilton. Jay Leno brought in 3.3 million listeners, the other night when Jimmy Kimmel brought in 3.1 million at the 11:35 slot.

According to Howard, people should pay HIM to work on his channels AND the Howard channels have 20 million fans, since Howard took Sirius from 300,000 to over one million in a short time AND now the combined companies have 20 million.

Howard 101 is a joke.

The only thing Tim provides is radio fodder when someone takes a dump in the bathroom. But didn't we already assume that Tim is there to take the blame while Howard takes the credit and it's really Howard running the ship?

Beth + Tim = Radio homicide for Howard. Now, if you want to hear the story of how someone went from cream cheese, dial-a-date, and butt bongo to "I saved a dying bird on the Hamptons beach and we had to call NSAL to come out and rescue it" then Howard probably still has something.

I mean, I *do* want to see how it all will end, but it's not looking good. Imagine one hell of a roller coaster ride that ends with a half-mile long straightaway into the station with the airbrakes. Then, before it pulls in all the way, it has to wait on the straightaway for the car in front of it to leave the station.
  5. RDog

RDog New Member

Maybe we have it all wrong, and programming a channel IS super-difficult. I would still say Tim is not the man for the job no matter what. I don't listen to a lot of Sirius at night, but I think of Faction, and how after the Jason Ellis Show ends each night, the only thing they really have going for themselves is consistency. You always know when the Demolition Radio/Tony Hawk is going to be on, Radio Bam (which is horrible, but whatever), etc. At least, I think so. Tony Hawk's show is kind of fun, but I mean Faction isn't exactly a programming powerhouse, and yet as far as I know, Faction is among the most popular channels. Granted, a huge percentage of their programming is music.

Howard, and presumably Sirius, won't spend money on the channels - if they do, it has to be as close to zero as possible. I still think that if you're doing a consistent show on ANY channel, you should make a salary, or at least have a solid contract that guarantees pay commensurate with the industry standard, and not this $100-a-show crap Howard tries to pull. I still don't know how he legally gets away with that. I suspect if someone sued him over it, he'd lose. I mean, you don't see the guys from Faction shows making $100-a-show, know what I mean?
  6. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Holy shit! Radio Bam is still on!?

That was a dog shit show when Bam was still in the limelight.
  7. kryptonite

On the other side, they're paying Riley essentially $100 per hour which is pretty damn good if you're Riley working from home for that price. BUT... $400 per month? THAT isn't good. Then again, he's probably on some sort of government assistance which wouldn't surprise me.

When Tim deals with all those contracts, that can't be easy...but it does seem like he slacks a lot.
  8. blyons200

blyons200 Political correctness is social Marxism

Didn't they try to re-broadcast Adams Corolla's podcast basically for free? What assholes.
  9. beaniemac

that 20 million listeners is so misleading. first off more than half of those people are on XM. and 90% of XM subscribers don't have access to the best of sirius. so they can't listen if they want to.

that being said, say sirius has 10 million, to say he has 10 million listeners would mean that when his show broadcast, all 10 million are listening to their sirius and his channel specifically. which we know is not the case.

and given sirius has over 100 channels, you're really seeing how much the audience is dwindling. my guess is he has less than 500,000 listeners for a live show.

btw, for the part I bolded, u should have mentioned AGT. cuz that's the worst thing to happen to howard since beth when it comes to the radio show. only thing that could snap howard out of his radio doldrums would be if he were on the verge of divorce. we'd definitely get some good radio then cuz he'd be forced to put his attention into that to take his mind off his personal life.
  10. beaniemac

what contracts does tim deal with????

bubba and ferral are gone. riley and black on black are like the only shows that actually get paid.

I dont think fitzdog gets paid, and I'm willing to bet Mutt pays howard to be on the air. and jay thomas is already on sirius so they dont pay him. everyone else:

ralph jason, will john hein stevie b are all on howard's payroll and thus tim doesn't have to deal with them either.
  11. kryptonite

12. kryptonite

I think that's at least some of the lawsuit. SiriusXM may claim 20 million listeners, but everyone knows they're joking. Like I said, it would be like if HBO claimed 100 million viewers because that's the number of people who subscribe to services which HBO can be accessed on.

They need to merge the channels into one lineup with no "best of" junk. Bubba used to speak of a system that counted phone calls to various shows. If that system is being used, then Sirius obviously knows how popular the show is (at least based on one method.)

I have no doubt that his FM show was insanely popular. The ratings would prove so. However, the ratings also counted the casual listeners as well as the PTC-type people who would listen with the sole purpose of calling the FCC. Obviously, a sizeable portion of his "audience" never even made the jump to Sirius because they never intended to.

Ha. My local paper does a "celebrity birthdays" thing every day. Whoever wrote it mentioned Howard's birthday. They said Howard is a "radio and TV personality." I'm guessing they did NOT call him a "TV personality" based off the E! show, the Saturday night syndicated show, or Son of the Beach.
  13. kryptonite

Jackie? You're right though. Most of the hourly shows nowadays are his staff who are already being paid for their "real jobs" and probably aren't getting paid for their on-air gigs.
  14. RDog

RDog New Member

I just don't like that Tim/Howard enter "negotiations" (which they're not) on the premise that "You wouldn't even have this show or a job if we didn't offer it to you! That's why you get $100/show (or whatever the amount)," instead of ignoring who is doing the show and paying whatever the industry dictates a person doing a radio show should make. Can you imagine if every job worked the way Tim/Howard want it to, people would be making a pittance and have to kiss the feet of their masters and sleep in a box in an alley at night.

Part of it is certainly passive aggressive on Howard's part, from when *HE* was making $100 a show doing college radio or what have you, but for him to bully people into the same situation is just wrong. Unfortunately, what's a wackpacker to do but accept it, because it's still a connection to the KOAM.
  15. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

16. beaniemac

Since when does Adam corolla work for plugs?????
  17. kryptonite

PLUGS! :roflmao:

Speaking of plugs, I listened to the end-of-show plugs recently for the first time in many years... it's amazing how much it's changed. No more Benji Bronk's lap dancer parties 1-800-xxx-7808...that plug was in there for YEARS.
  18. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar Active Member

I don't know if this is a valid comparison, but if you look at Dave Letterman, who branched-out into finding/producing talent, or Lorne Michaels, who's responsible for several new TV shows, you don't see that with Howard.
  19. kryptonite

IMO,. Howard has always been about surrounding himself with various cast members (Robin, Jackie, Fred, Billy, Sal, Richard) to make him, and his show, better.

All those other people are the stilts upon which Howard stands.
  20. RDog

RDog New Member

Howard's forays into movies and TV didn't go as he planned, clearly; the movie was solid but didn't really amount to anything but a one-off. Porky's remake never happened; Howard Stern High School Years never happened; Doomsday cartoon never happened; Howard hosting an ABC interview show never happened, etc. etc. etc. The gap between AGT and his Larry Sanders Show appearance is pretty wide - it's possible he'll still do somethng post-AGT outside of radio but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. He just doesn't seem to have the pull, know-how, or leverage. I'd argue that even AGT is *still* more associated with Howie (or even Sharon) than Mr. Stern at this point, even after the advertising blitz.
  21. kryptonite

Yeah, I don't know what happened to HS years. It sounded like no one wanted to spend the (apparently) unforeseen amount of money on it. Apparently, it was more expensive than what they had planned for.

They should have just released the episodes they had made on HTV, but there was probably some sort of contractual reason or whatever.

I've always given him a pass on Doomsday. I don't blame Howard for throwing in the towel on that, given 9/11 had happened right around that same time.