More details on SiriusXM Lynx

superflush

Nov 30, 2008
There is one guy here that has done it, so we know they can. I wouldn't give up. It's hard to find the post surfing from my phone, but if you can't find it, we'll help you out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Okay. Maybe I'll give it one more try before I send the Edge back.
Do you know anything about the details of the success story?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Okay. Maybe I'll give it one more try before I send the Edge back.
Do you know anything about the details of the success story?

HCW was able to make it happen.
http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/siriusxm-2-0/16959-successful-transfer-sirius-lifetime-siriusxm.html

Try getting in touch with SiriusXM_Sandy too ( Digital Radio Central - View Profile: SiriusXM_Sandy )

She checks in mainly for product support, but she may know who the right person is to contact at SXM.

rhapsody

Mar 13, 2009
I'm a long time Sirius lifetimer (2005). My Sirius equipment has been on the fritz as of late as the unit's display isn't working. I also pay for premium internet.

I'd like to purchase a new SXM radio (XM side) and transfer my lifetime over to it instead of trying to find another Sirius radio as most Sirius radios I can't in retailers locally... and I don't really want to buy more Sirius branded hardware.

Any idea how I should pursue this?

Contacts?

Thanks

Last edited:

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I'm a long time Sirius lifetimer (2005). My Sirius equipment has been on the fritz as of late as the unit's display isn't working. I also pay for premium internet.

I'd like to purchase a new SXM radio (XM side) and transfer my lifetime over to it instead of trying to find another Sirius radio as most Sirius radios I can't in retailers locally... and I don't really want to buy more Sirius branded hardware.

Any idea how I should pursue this?

Contacts?

Thanks

I'd read the link in post 442 of this thread and see if the company will transfer your sub. It's uncharted waters and I'm one of many posters interested to hear how you fared with the switch. Don't give up if they say no the first time. It's like asking a hard-to-get girl out for a date.

superflush

Nov 30, 2008
Just wanted to follow up and say that I was not succesful getting my lifetime transferred over to the Edge. I talked on the phone with them on about 5 separate phone calls.
I guess I will just wait it out and see if they release any new 2.0 radios that aren't "actually an XM radio."

rfyweretiu

Mar 12, 2012
happy.gif

The Lynx may be the most exciting satellite radio ever. It’s a cool little touchscreen marvel that at times seems part-smartphone, part-DVR, part music player…but it’s really something totally new. I got a chance to see it in action at a training session recently, and came away thinking, “Wow, the Lynx takes it upon itself to make sure you’ll never, ever get bored.â€

Most importantly, the Lynx lets you take your satellite radio with you. No matter where you go, it’ll keep your favorite shows right at hand — it automatically records the last five hours of your five favorite channels. When you grab it and head out the door, you’ve got enough content loaded to keep you entertained for quite a while.

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
They have changed the rules on the people who took a chance on them. By not making radios, they are forcing people off the lifetime plans. That is wrong

It seems to me that while you could technically say, "Yes, you bought a Sirius radio but now they're SiriusXM and that's a whole different ballgame and it's not the same radio so you can only swap your lifetime with like-Sirius radios which they no longer produce."

That it'd be far better for them to keep it simple and say:
- We're no longer producing Sirius radios as we're moving over to XM
- We will honor the you moving your lifetime subscription to a same-generation XM radio (old radios).
- The same $75 fee applies
- it will count towards your 3 lifetime changes
- If you'd like the newer SXM2.0 radio + subscription it'll be $100 extra as it has new channels and features.

That makes far more sense from a public relations standpoint and from their standpoint of wanting to get people off of their Sirius satellites than the: "Oh, we'll switch your account but you'll no longer have lifetime"-path which just annoys the customer, seems unfair (even if, technically, it's still OK), and leaves people thinking, "Ok, I'll just ride my lifetime out until they switch off the satellites and then I'll bitch at them for turning the signal off when I was still a valid subscriber."

The whole deal just seems so contrary to what they want to do:
- keep subscribers (yeah, their lifetimers so maybe you want to write them off but they buy your products and likely recommend (or don't if you annoy them) your service to others)
- burn through lifetime swaps
- get people off the Sirius satellite side.

I don't even see why they need a special process for this. If I call in and say, "I have a Sirius Lifetime subscription and would like to swap it to a 1st-gen XM radio," it should be as easy as getting into the setting for Sirius, seeing how many swaps you have left for your lifetime subscription, then cancel that account, create a XM Lifetime subscription for the new radio, and reduce the number of swaps on it.

Yeah, it'd be a manual process but it'd keep you from having to write code to handle it if that was the issue.

They're current attitude seems self defeating to me. They're saying, "We're going forward with XM. To Hell with the old Sirius lifetime subscribers."

rhapsody

Mar 13, 2009
Here's the reply from Sandy:

Hello,

I do not believe that customers can transfer a Sirius Lifetime subscription to XM at this time. I would recommend purchasing the Starmate 8 (our newest Sirius radio). This was released at the end of 2011.

http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...0&siId=5750817

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sandy

robertbenita

May 7, 2013
They can switch the lifetime accounts...at least my experience. The experience was wonderful and although it took a creative effort on the part of the SXM-Help, she got it done! Much thanks and I love the Lynx!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
They can switch the lifetime accounts...at least my experience. The experience was wonderful and although it took a creative effort on the part of the SXM-Help, she got it done! Much thanks and I love the Lynx!

This has been a recent standard thing for SXM. Several months ago, it would have taken SXM_help's help to get a lifetime transfer. It didn't sound like many happened.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com